*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200051-Dark-Tales-of-Windsor-Pass
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kara
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1200051
A little girl is stuck in Windsor Pass, a small road in the middle of nowhere
A girl in a a t-shirt and blue jeans looks down at the list her mother gave her to get at the new grocery store down. Milk, eggs, and butter. It shouldn't be this hard. It's just a road. What could a road do to you?
A new sensation enters the girl. Fear. There could be somebody further down the road. She could feel him. Those dark eyes. She shivered.
"Stop thinking like that," she told herself.
She had better hurry. Darkness was approaching.
"Why did she need this right now?" she thought, "Couldn't she wait until morning?"
She started out on the long road. It may be a while.

Darkness was close. Really close. To close for comfort.
She felt something staring at her behind her. She whipped around, seearching for something. Anything. Maybe a deer. A rabbit. Even a bear. Anything would be better than those eyes. Those horrible, dark eyes. She saw nothing. And that worried her even more.
She walked faster. She heard a snap. She walked even faster, not bothering to turn around, afraid of what might be there. She the store. Yes, the store was coming into sight.
"Yes, thank you!" she said relieved. It was still open. She breezed in, and got the eggs, milk, and the butter, with the $4.28 her mother gave her. She was so relieved.
"But don't relax now. You're not home yet." she told herself.
She started jogging. But she heard a crunch again. She felt something staring at her. Practically breathing on her. She turned around slowly, and expected the worst. And that's exactly what happened. She saw the eyes again. The last time she saw them they were sad, but this time they were angry, intense.
"You said you would come back for me!" said a voice from nowhere.
The wind started whipping her behind her, and dust was flying everywhere.
"Who are you?" cried the girl, "What do you want from me?"
"You are a back stabber! A liar!" shrieked the woman. At least she thought it was a woman.
The winds became more violent. The girl got hit by a branch that had broken off a tree, and she fell over, bleeding heavily.
"How could you do that to me? To me? I thought you wanted to be together! Instead you go running off with a girl you just met, leaving me to be beaten to death by a drunkard, claiming to be one of your "friends"! Why would you do that?"
All of a sudden the wind stopped and the girl thought she heard crying. Then it faded away, leaving only the sound of silence, and the girl slowly dying.



© Copyright 2007 Kara (karaannmarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200051-Dark-Tales-of-Windsor-Pass