*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200540-The-Little-Cornershop-of-Pain
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1200540
A store where you can buy any kind of pain...I guess its a little graphic?
One fine day you find yourself walking down the same old street.
At the same time as usual you light up your cigarette and take a drag.
Yet as you blow the smoke from your mouth you turn and see a dimly lit cornershop that you never noticed before.
You brush the smoke away in a hurry and its still there...no illusion of the smoke.
You look up to the sign and it says "Little Cornershop of Pain"
You figure "What the hell, I don't have anything better to do..." So take another drag, put out your cigarette and walk in...
Cards hang from the walls all around you and once you enter the place seems to get bigger and the once bright day outside turns black as oblivion.
You feel a moment of panic but it soon subsides as you turn back around and inspect the walls.
All over there are hooks with cards on them,the room is painted black with black and white floor tileing.The place has an odd smell to it that you know but you can't figure out quiet what it is or where you know it from.
You pick up one of the cards and it reads "Self Mutilation $5"
You start to think "What the hell? This is strang..." But you are stopped by the figure of a man who seems to appear out of thin air.
"Strange? Yes, thats what most think when they come in here..." A smile spreads across his face.
You jump back startled and say "What the fuck!? Who the fuck are you!?"
"Now, now...If your going to use words that can inflict pain...you'll have to pay for them." The man says as another smile spreads across his face.
He wears a top hat and has long black flowing hair, his face seems to sink in on itself leaving a crooked nose jutting out from it, He is tall and skinny wearing the remains of a tuxedo with a red neckerchief and a black cape with red on the inside of it, he holds a black cane with a silver skull at the tip and wears worn out black wingtip shoes.
He takes the card from your hand as you give him a puzzled look about the last remark he made."Ahh...Self Mutilation...thats a pretty popular one these days...All the rage with the teens..." He says in a gnarled and gritty voice...
He stagers over to his counter and flips on a little light right above it clearing some of the darkness in the room and types on the cash register..."Self Mutilation then?" Without giving you anytime to respond he responds "Splendid!" and opens the register. At that moment $5 flies from your pocket and into the cash register and the card flies to your pocket.
"Anything else I can help you with today?" He asks cheerfully.
"You can start by telling me what the hell this place is and by giving me my money back!" You demand.
"Sorry no refunds." He smiles widely.
"Didn't you read the sign outside?" He asks.
"Well yeah I did..." You start. "Well then all is explained...this is a place where we buy and sell pain. Simple as that. We range from break-ups and cheating to death and destruction to tears and sorrow to any kind of pain you could imagine! Now seeing as you have bought your pain and the transaction is complete...I shall ask you to leave...but don't worry...you'll be back." He smiles "Noone can escape their own mind now can they?"

You awaken outside on the ground with the cigarette still burning, hanging on your lips. Someone is shaking you and then the cigarette falls as you fully awaken.
"Hey kid! You ok!? What did you do to yourself kid!? Holy shit! Ill call the hospital just stay right here!"
You have no idea what just happened or what the fuck this guy is talking about...all you remember is walking and smoking, then waking up here, you feel a burning in your arms and you look down to see a razor in one hand and your arms covered in deep gashes and pools of blood forming underneath you...You pass out...

Later at the hospital the doctor comes in and says that you were lucky that the man found you when he did or else you would be dead by now and that you were going to have to go to therapy to get all of this straightened out.


As you lay in the hospital bed a nurse comes in and says that you have a visitor, its the man who saved your life. He walks in and you feel as if you know him from somewhere. He is tall and skinny wearing the remains of a tuxedo with a red neckerchief and a black cape with red on the inside of it, he holds a black cane with a silver skull at the tip and wears worn out black wingtip shoes. He wears a top hat and has long black flowing hair, his face seems to sink in on itself leaving a crooked nose jutting out from it.he walks in and says in a sincere gentlemanly voice "Here sonny you left this back over by where I found you..." He hands you a card and with the tip of his hat he takes his leave..
You look at the card and it says "Self Mutilation $5"
© Copyright 2007 BurningSoul (danzigdaemon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200540-The-Little-Cornershop-of-Pain