*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200649-Leena-Beloved
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Misaru
Rated: · Other · Other · #1200649
-Kinda what I would call a soap opera anime-material type story-but with MANY twists!
Chapter 1.
She was different. No one knew her, and she knew no one. Leena walked the halls, her eyes searching a welcoming face, but none showed. She went to her next class and sat down in her assigned seat. A girl sat down next to her. ‘Why haven’t I seen this girl before?’ Leena thought to herself. ‘Well it’s only the third day of school, maybe she was absent’ she thought. The girl talked, interrupting her thoughts.
“Are you okay?”
“Huh?” said Leena, snapping back into focus.
“You’re staring at me. I was wondering why.”
“Oh, I’m sorry. Uh, I-I was just staring into space-thinking kind of.” She blushed.
The girl smiled. ‘What a pretty smile.’ Leena let her mind go again. ‘Not snobby like most of the girls in this new school.’
“So, what’s your name?” the girl asked.
“Uh-uh-Leena!”
“That’s a nice name. I’m Rachel.”
The teacher interrupted their conversation.
“Please take out your homework and your textbooks and turn to page one hundred thirty-seven.”
         Lena took out her things, but she wasn’t paying attention.
         Her mind wandered as she left that class and went through two others, until lunch. She bought her lunch and sat down at a random table. All the other kids seemed to fit into a clique and had friends to sit with, but for now Leena was an outsider. No one knew her so she sat alone. She took out her math homework, but just turned the page over and started doodling on it.
“That’s an awesome cartoon.” said a familiar voice.
         Leena turned around to find Rachel.
“Can I sit with you?” She asked.
“Uh-yeah!” exclaimed Leena, moving her books.
         She sat down next to Leena.
“So we didn’t get to talk much before. Did you just move here?” said Rachel as she began to eat her lunch.
“Yes,” began Leena. “I, uh, moved from a town just south of here, actually. I was surprised I had to go to a different school. It’s really close to here.”
“Did you have to leave many friends?”
“Yes, but they still live pretty close to me, so it’s not that bad.”
“Do you want to be my new friend?” Rachel asked. She smiled.
‘That smile…’ thought Leena.          
“Yes,” she replied “I very much would.” Leena herself smiled.
“What’s your story?”
“Let’s see, I’ve been here for two years -and I admit it’s kinda hard here if you don’t know anyone; I don’t enjoy gym, or sports really, I like the color purple, I don’t have any sisters or brothers, I hate Social Studies and my dogs name is Ralphie.” She said with a laugh.
They continued to talk, Leena enjoying her lunch far more as each minute passed. It seemed so sudden when the bell rang for next period; she was disappointed.
© Copyright 2007 Misaru (misaru at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200649-Leena-Beloved