*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1201385-20122012-2012
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #1201385
What would you do if you knew the exact moment in which the world was going to end?

The way in which such an important� piece of information reached Ozymandias Price is totally unknown. That is lost now. The only thing that has been kept on the record is what that man did with the information.

The information that reached Ozymandias Price’s ears on November the 19th of the year 2012 was the following: the next day, on December the 20th, 2012 at twenty hours with twelve minutes, the world was going to end.

What Ozymandias Price did with such an important piece of information was the following: absolutely nothing.

Ozymandias Price found out about the final fate of the world exactly twenty-three hours and thirty seven minutes before this happened. Obviously he could not sleep all night. First of all, and it’s only natural, due to the shock that learning something like that do to a mind even to the strongest of minds anyone can find. Ozymandias Price is not one of the strongest minded persons anyone can find. When he finally overcame the initial shock, he began to think of what to do with the information he had learned.

He remained totally still in the couch of the living room of his little flat all night and for the rest of the next morning. He did not bother to eat, go to the bathroom, change his sitting position, He did not bother answering the phone which rang three times in all that time either or in opening the door. Somebody rang the doorbell at exactly eleven hours. What he was thinking during all that time, it is impossible to know now, and in any case, it is of little importance.

Finally, at nineteen hours and fifty three minutes, Ozymandias Price got himself up from the couch and two minutes later, without even putting a jacket on, it was quite cold outside, he found himself walking down the street, going down on San Vicente Ferrer Street and into his favorite bar situated on the opposite side of Plaza Dos de Mayo, right on Divino Pastor Street. He got there in exactly ten minutes. He walked at a slow pace, watching everything and everyone around him as if it was the first time he ever walked the streets. Turns out it was exactly the opposite. This would be the last time he would ever go out on the street in his whole life and in the life of everyone else for that matter.

At twenty hours and five minutes he was sitting at the counter of the bar and he was asking for a beer, which got served a minute later. Calmly, Ozymandias watched the bright blonde color of his ice cold drink crowned with bubbly and thick white foam, he put the glass close to his nose as he always did to feel the bubbles sparkle under his nose. He then drank from the glass while looking at himself in the mirror on the other side of the counter. Just before he zipped what was left of his beer, exactly at twenty hours and twelve minutes of December the 20th of the year 2012, the world reached its end, quietly, and without any one else in the universe noticing it.
© Copyright 2007 Rodrigo Cetina (rodrigocetina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1201385-20122012-2012