*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202602-The-Plan-Formation
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · None · #1202602
A guy constantly tries to impress his best friend, the girl of his dreams.
Jay looked at Nellie. She sure did look pretty. Of course, he wasn't going to tell her that.
"You look ok, I guess," he grumbled before returning his attention to the TV, "Why are you so dressed up anyways?"
She sighed, a happy sigh, then dreamily answered, "Kevin's taking me to a nice restaraunt."
Kevin, Jay thought, disgusted by the mere mention of Nellie's boyfriend.
Nellie rolled her eyes, "If you're going to be no help, then I'll just leave. He's picking me up soon anyways."
Nellie didn't bother to close the door lightly as she left. In fact, Jay thought she might have done that purposefully. He decided to ignore it.
In the elevator, Nellie was annoyed. She and Jay Had been friends since 1997, ten years now. She couldn't stand how he got when it concerned her boyfriends.
She sighed. This totally ruined the feeling she'd had for that night.
Back at her apartment, she waited for Kevin quietly. Her roommate, Clara, however was jamming to the Robotic Mutants, the hottest band.
"Turn that crap down!" Nellie yelled over the music.
"I can't hear you, the music's too loud!" Clara yelled back.
Nellie rolled her eyes and went into the hallway.
Out of the elevator came a very tired Kevin.
Panting, he apoligized for being late, "Nellie, I'm sorry, I just, I was on my way-"
"Save it," she cut him off, "I can tell by the lipstick on your cheek and the way your clothes are just thrown on, you've been with another woman doing only God knows what. Goodbye Kevin, I have a Friday movie night date to attend."
She walked off and down into the elevator. Once outside, she started to cry. Jay, who happened to be on a walk that evening, saw her.
"Nellie, what's the matter?" he asked with sincere concern.
"Oh nothing, Kevin was cheating on me," she told him.
"That bastard, I'll get him drunk and beat him up for you," he offered.
"Don't waste your beer."
They continued walking along until they were sitting in a small diner, three miles from Nellie's apartment, eating pancakes.
"So, why'd you date him if you knew he cheated on Clara?" Jay asked.
"When he'd play his trombone, I'd forget everything bad I'd ever heard about him," she answered dreamily.
"But a trombone can't take away all the pain cheating brings, can it?"
She sighed, "If I heard someone play really way, on any instrument, I'd probably forget all about Kevin. I always thought that music was the perfect way for a guy to show how he feels about a girl. I absolutely love musicians. But," she sighed, "I don't know any single or straight musicians."
She looked out the window, "I guess I'd better get going, I'll see you at work, Jay."
He nodded, a plan to show how he felt about Nellie forming in his head. To be continued...
© Copyright 2007 RainSeeker (rain_watcher57 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202602-The-Plan-Formation