*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1203066-The-story-of-the-ring-from-Zair
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #1203066
For a special person, from desire and hunger for us getting in different kind of moods
Christmas always finds me in a special mood - the Christmas mood which I bet everybody who celebrates these days can feel it...:)

Every year in this period I write a little story, which this year I choose to share with you.

The story is about a ring from Zair...
Once there was a sailorman which travelled over the oceans and seas...from one of these journeys , from Zair, he decided to buy a precious stone from an old woman in the street as a present -but for whom? he was alone in his life ...the old woman was almost starving and had been standing in the harbor's street  from days, so she sold the stone for a meaningless price.The sailorman gave her double the price , she just smiled and said :"This stone carries a lot of passion and you cannot do anything with it !"
Years after, a Turkish man was drinking in his pub from Constanta harbour...a strange tall guy, already drunk, entered the pub and asked for drink in romanian-when he wanted to pay, he discovered he has no money, so he took a little precious stone from his pocket and put it on the table, saying "Give me a good red wine for it!"
The pub's owner took it and gave the men a bottle from his best red wine : when looked in light it was warm mauve, when shadowed, it was purple deep red - exactly like the little stone changed its colors!
Years after, the owner of the pub remained poor, after the new government took everything he owned -wineyards, land, houses...at that time he was already divorced and had a little daughter which moved with her mother in the other part of the country...He married another woman after a while and he didn't keep very close to his daughter...
Time was passing and the man got ill: only then he thought he needed to give something memorable to his daughter but what? he was quite poor...The little ruby stone came into his mind : it was the only thing his wife didn't know about...He gave it to his daughter saying: "This stone carries a lot of passion and you cannot do anything with it, but this will be your link with me : you have my blood and your sons and daughters will have it as well-one of them will wear a ring knowing it is from me!"
Years after, a young girl looked to her hand : a nice warm mauve purple deep red ring was on her finger and she felt so happy : her mother told her that the ring was cursed, that she had only bad luck with it , but the moment the girl put it on her finger, she knew it was not true! The ring was made for her and almost she could see the stone catching more light and for sure more shadows since it was on her finger ; warm mauve in the light of the day , her soul could fly over seas and lands , dreaming and loving all the flowers , smiles and raindrops, all the sand and all the trees from the world she wanted to see!....purple deep red, like a good wine , in the dark shadows of the passion , carrying the desires of generations of sultans, the hope of thousands of captives and the sensuality of restless belly dancers from an old empire which didn't exist anymore...The Turkish blood from her veins was more alive than ever and screamed for life!

The young girl  wore the ring for many years, until all the lights and all the shadows of the ruby stone were inside her , captured carefully...
And it didn't  tear her apart anymore, she finally understood all the love and the passion , she felt the power of the light and let it warm her...she felt the power of the deep purple and enjoyed the overwhelming...

PS.
The ring stays now in a little box until it will regain the lights and the shadows he lost into me and will have the power to fulfill another soul someday...
© Copyright 2007 All4you (all4you at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1203066-The-story-of-the-ring-from-Zair