*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1203074-Why-do-I-write
by M
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Biographical · #1203074
Written in hopes of joining "The Terrace" - a great sounding group!
About 300 words

I write because writing is part of me. I don’t actually remember a time when I didn’t. Writing has been my hobby for so long that for some time I didn’t realize writing could be a job. As a child I thought I was playing. Writing is like a make-believe game on paper.

I remember how much my best friend and I hated to stop playing at the end of the day. If her bed time was before mine I’d sneak to her window where I stood on a brick to talk to her after I “went home” for the night. We’d talk about our characters and what they’d do next in our stories. Then, when I had to, I’d go home, my mind full of ideas. I’d use a flashlight, notebook and pen to secretly write out the tales that had come to me while I was supposed to be sleeping. The worst part was waiting until I could pass the notebook to my best friend at the bus stop, and hear her read what I’d written. In turn I’d get to read hers.

I never grew out of that. I still have friends I love to write with. My favorite way to write is with a pen in a notebook. Even at 36, my greatest joy is to share my stories. My best friend moved on into what she calls the real world, but I think my worlds are real too.

When I’m alone and bored I’ll write with anything on anything to pass the time. Of course my friends love my stories, and I love theirs. We’re in our own little universe, where we love, know, share, enjoy and see the same things. To grow as a writer I need to step out, I hope no one at writing.com minds being part of that.
© Copyright 2007 M (m_evergreen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1203074-Why-do-I-write