*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1204902-Life
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #1204902
"LIFE" this is a very inspirational, creative, memorable look at life. A must read!
What is life? Is it a quality in plants and animals which make it possible to take in food, get energy from it, adapt to the environment, grow, and reproduce.? Is it the existence of the soul or the existence of the physical world? Maybe it’s the period of flourishing, usefulness, and functioning. Some may say it’s the state of living.

There are many interpretations of the term “life”. The origins of life have been investigated by man for centuries. Many scientists and religious members throughout history have come up with a number of theories speculating about how life began, but nobody can actually explain the evolution of life, and present solid facts to prove it.

Personally, I can’t tell you when, why, and where life began. I can only share with you what my life has been like, and what it means to me. My life began at approximately 2:35 p.m. on June 12, 1984, at the University Hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas. I was born exactly two minutes before my twin sister. That day marked the beginning of a journey into a previously unknown world for my sister and I.

The earliest memories of my life are those of my childhood. The innocence of those care-free days always brings a smile to my face when I think of them. As a child I was very adventurous. I would fearlessly climb trees as far up as I could. Sometimes I would get so close to the top that the tree would literally begin to sway from side to side.

My brother and I used to build ramps out of bricks and wood. We would use them to soar thru the air on our bicycles, pretending to be Evel Knievel. I remember one instance in which the front wheel of my bicycle came off in mid air, after hitting a ramp. I crashed into the ground, hitting my face on the handle bars. The impact chipped my two front teeth down to the nerve. The pain was excruciating. The nerves in my teeth were exposed, making my teeth sensitive to air, or anything cold. Every time I took a breath or drank a form of liquid, it would send a sharp pain through my spine and into my head. I had to breath from my nose to keep the air away from my teeth. It was a very unpleasant experience.

My life is filled with all sorts of memories. Some are joyful and blissful. Others are gloomy and sad. I can remember living without a care in the world. But I can also remember the pain of watching my mother struggle to raise for kids on her own. That’s life, it has it’s ups and downs. You just have to take the good with the bad and keep striving.

I once heard the rapper Too Short say: Life is too short, you’ve got to get in where you fit in”, which is true. Life is indeed too short. I believe it is important to cherish every moment, every breath, everyone, and everything you love each and every single day, because tomorrow isn’t guaranteed.

Throughout my life, I’ve overcome obstacle’s and conquered goals. I know what I want out of life, and I am now in the process of creating a path to get to that destination. I try to make positive decisions that will influence the outcome of my lifespan. I hope to live a wonderful, joyful, long, life, because life is a beautiful thing.

© Copyright 2007 J.D. Black (jd_black at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1204902-Life