*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1205879-Facing-Demons
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Drama · #1205879
How does one feel when facing their tormentor in a court room?
Tears stung her eyes, hsteria griped her. She dug her nails onto the palm of her hand and bit the inside of her lip to try to distract herself.
The demon was there, just beyond the corner of the Judges podium, if she leaned forward she could see his cold green eyes and hard stare. He was her Father. Could she look at him? She sat as far back into the witness chair as she could.
Her Mother fled the court room. She had never been able to face what was about to be made public. The Lawyers shuffled papers and talked quietly amongst themselves. Elizabeth cast a glance at the jury. Would they believe her story? She wasn't here on her own behalf. She was here for justice, for all little girls that come up against demons and are defenceless. Her sisters sat in the court room, they gave her strength. Behind the demon sat her Aunt and Uncle. Their faces grave, a look of incrimination on their faces. They had called her a liar when she told the family what he had done to her. That was almost twenty years ago. They had accused her of making up stories that would aide her Mothers case in her parents divorce. If people had believed her then she wouldn't be sitting here now, a witness to her Fathers character and proof of the demon that lives within him that preys on adolescent girls. The first question came all too soon. "Please state your name for the court." The County Attourney stated, her kind eyes encouraging her. Ëlizabeth Bennett." came her whisperd reply. Her mouth was dry as summer sand. Änd how do you know the defendant, Robert Soloman?" Her nails dug deeper, "He is my Father." She answered. "Can you point to him?" She wanted to scream NO! She didnt want to look at him but she knew she had to. She leaned forward and peered around the shield of the desk and there he sat. His eyes bore down on her, their green fire blazing at her. His face was pale and his hair was as white as snow. The years hadn't been kind to him. He looked much older than his 55 years. He was heavier than she remembered him. But those eyes and the firm set of his jaw and strong cleft chin, a mirror of her own, had not changed. She lifted a trembeling hand and pointed to him. He shook his head at her and leaned down to whisper to his lawyer. "Let it be recorded that the witness has identified the defendant, Robert Soloman." The Attourney stated.
© Copyright 2007 T. Ruether (traca_gal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1205879-Facing-Demons