*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1206366-My-Fathers-Letter
Rated: E · Monologue · Biographical · #1206366
Although we never see eye to eye... he still loves me
I remember growing up and not realizing how much my father really cared for me. Before leaving, I found this in his bible,

" Dear heavenly Father,
        I know not what my son is going through even though I'm supposed to be his role model. Watching him grow up in my life, has made it tough for me to come to terms that I will be no longer with him anymore in the future. When he cried, I looked to you for love to share with him. When he was down, I asked for strength to help him get through it. Whenever he gets behind the wheel of a car, I silently ask you to return him safely to me. I know that we have our differences, both good and bad, but he is mine to love as you so taught me. I'm not the greatest father in the world but I only hope that I am to him. More and more, I see an image of me but with his own personality. Lord, I ask you to watch over him until I reach heaven so I can take over and guide him like a guardian angel. I know that I'm getting old, but I know that my love and inspiration in my son's life will carry on. God, thank you for giving me such a wonderful gift no man on Earth could ever ask for and love it.... even after death."

  Not soon after I read this letter, I ended up in a serious car accident. The car in back of me rear-ended me causing my car to flip off the interstate. The only thing that was going through my mind was my dad. Laying there in the ambulence, I saw my old man and he told me to be strong. I reached my hand to his face and I felt his tear drop, soft like an angel feather. That's when everything became bright.
  I awoke the next day to the sound of my wife trying to calm our daughter, Kelani. I reached out my arms for her and from that moment on, I felt my father's presence with me and I hear him whisper, " Everthing's going to be all right, I will never leave you so don't give up".
© Copyright 2007 Sage Atrium (island_rebel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1206366-My-Fathers-Letter