*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1206713-What-is-Wisdom
Rated: E · Other · Teen · #1206713
My definition of true wisdom.
    What is wisdom? The usual definitions that pop up are to be smart or wise, or to possess a good deal of knowledge. Although, when you really think about it, we can see wisdom on a whole different level.
      In the world that we live in today, I feel that the word perfect is overly used. The meaning of life to many people is to be ideal. This is unrealistic, considering no one or nothing can be absolutely perfect. This life goal is also exetremely unhealthy to live by.
    The other day in school, a girl was telling one of her friends her New Years resolution.  She said "This year I really want to get perfect grades." She chose this goal for herself because she thought that not getting straight A's made her appear dumb to her teachers, peers, parents, and herself. It is incorrect to think of wisdom as perfection or in my case, getting straight A's. Look at it this way, Getting a lot of A's doesn't necessarily make you a wiser person. Mcdonalds sells a lot of burgers and it is not a good restaraunt. What wisdom is, is not getting A's. Wisdom is getting A's, B's, C's, D's and F's at the same time. Wisdom is being able to see something in all different kinds of perspectives.
    I believe that school turns the future of America (the children) away from the ability to posses wisdom. The teachers often feed ideas into our brains and expect us to realize that this is the right way to look at something. But what about the wrong way to look at something? Wisdom is not something schools can feed into our brains with a silver spoon. It is something we build up inside of ourselves.
© Copyright 2007 Sara without an H (saraelkins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1206713-What-is-Wisdom