*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1206809-Mental-Totalitarianism
Rated: · Thesis · Psychology · #1206809
Do you wonder why people are labeled as mentally ill? Read on and hopefully find out.
Mental Totalitarianism

The way that I’ve always seen things, sadly, is often considered, more times then not, to be wrong. When even that seems insufficient to analyze my paradigms, ASANINE is often something that has never found its way into a mainstream thought process. I know for a fact that I am not the only individual possessing said paradigm; THEY must have realized this as well. To deal with this “issue” THEY concocted an ingenious solution; mental illnesses.
The compensation for deferring though processes is something, one of the few things actually, that I find appalling. There is an unspoken standard that failure to comply with results in being slapped with a label; such a label that will only give you peace when life gives you death. One might assume quietly to themselves, “Being labeled, so what?” This, my dear reader, is far more then being categorized into social group I.E. a Goth, stoner, prep or an other assemblence of people sharing similar characteristics. If one gains the ambition to alienate themselves from a group such as the above listed ones, there is always something to be done. If you’re labeled a stoner, quit getting high. If you’re labeled a Goth, quit wearing black and moping. It’s really pretty simple when you think about it. When you are labeled something internally as opposed to externally, as I just talked about, it’s nearly impossible to shake off and you’ll soon see why.
Answer me this, does anyone tell Tom Brady throw to throw a football? If you answered correctly then you will understand this. Should any one disagree with what a physiatrist determines your mind to be? My point being no matter what you are internally labeled by one of these people can’t be disputed by ANYONE. In this way mental illnesses are nothing more then a tool. This tools ability, combined with meds and the aid of hospitals meant for residential housing represent a formidable example of confining and isolating those with differing planes of though. I like to call this system MENTAL TOTALITARIANSIM.
© Copyright 2007 Jimmy Crack Corn (wallace_b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1206809-Mental-Totalitarianism