*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1207386-Everything-is-philosophy
Rated: E · Essay · Spiritual · #1207386
They wrote this piece for a reason and not just a philosophical disscussion...
Everything is philosophy

Everything is philosophy, Buddhism is philosophy, Christianity is philosophy, Islam is philosophy, call it what you want it's still philosophy.

Happiness is philosophy, sadness is philosophy, madness is (unfortunate) philosophy, even 'animals are what they are' is philosophy.

They knew there is a creator who made it all possible.
A philosophy for everyone - just choose. Great, what for?
Free choice is important - true. Choose the one you like and pay the price, never mind that now, they could choose again and probably again and again as much as they wanted.

They would choose the wrong one, that much was sure!
How could you find the right one from so many? most of them distorted by the so many translations over thousands of mankind years and different views.

One creator. This was the key. They had to acknowledge the presence of light everywhere - anytime. Fact, not philosophy.
Last question: Why did they have a philosophy in the first place?
In this way they could function wherever they lived in the given place and time relating to their unique environment through rituals.
Leave time alone for the moment! Ok, lets make some sense here:
Function in a divided society with a different style of your own, did we get it right? makes some sense, but isn't ' function in a society ' one more philosophy?

Various teachers, shamans and preachers from diverse beliefs, religions and faiths were competing for attention, agreement and mostly to their by (buy) products.
Some of his humble shopping budget was spent on philosophy oriented products - books mainly.
It made some sense - greed! For money, influence or an after death bonus.
Was one of them closer than others to the truth? Or was it a mutual
consciousness that constantly changed, sometimes abruptly, randomly or gradually, just like his!

It meant they would learn a lot just by observing his belief's barometer and by doing so, channeling to a crowder environment - learning with a group. Jolly good, catching this neurotransmitted revelation!
Got to make a habit out of that!
Contemplating together was great fun, wasn't it?
"Yes" from Fortune
"Yea sure, why not? " from Willy.

They decided to call it Happiness - As much as possible - philosophy!
Why not? It wasn't bad, nothing wrong there - being happy and it was helpful in dealing with a lot of 'real life' situations.
Healthy, very healthy, they would look more content and function better.

Better not stick it in front of the sadness oriented philosophies though, especially not after accidents, funerals and Karma related incidents.
"Great, we are happy it wasn't us!"
Well, sort of, but in a more general way:
The light is here, there, and most likely everywhere so we are happy!
Is this a great philosophy or what?

© Copyright 2007 Josef Firestone (firestone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1207386-Everything-is-philosophy