*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1207757-For-He-Took-It-Away
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Sports · #1207757
My football coach took my dreams of playing in college away from me
For He Took It Away


The pain hurts so bad, I didn’t want it to end this way. Never thought it would end so sudden, so quick, just never imagined it. Thought it was gonna last forever, never wake up, just figured I would keep on dreamin. Now, I lye on this floor, reflectin back on the times I had, the memories… oh the memories. Can’t stop thinking bout what should have been. I was supposed to live up to the hype, big things were comin my way. Next thing I knew I was lyin on the ground screaming bloody murder cause the pain was just too much. I hadn’t any idea of what was to come, or in that case; the lack there of. I swore up and down I was gonna get back on that field as soon as I could, but to no avail. I had my release paper, that’s all I needed. The doc told me I was cleared to play. Yet this one sorry excuse for an American man stood in my way. He ripped out my heart each and every day for months. He fooled me; he flat out fooled me. He is the biggest coward I have ever encountered in my life. He played me like a fiddle, until the one day I had finally had enough. I had to take a stand, couldn’t let this stuff go on anymore. I was sick and tired of it. I work my tail off to get back out there on that field, but for what? Just so he can make me wanna go cry to my mommy? No way, I’m not doin that. I finally confronted the boss, boss got angry at that sorry excuse of an American and yelled at him. He knew I was done playin his games, so he just stopped leading me on. He took every aspect that I loved of the game and flushed it right down the toilet. He put me in the spot where I am today. I have lost one of the only things I have truly come to know and love since when I was a kid, and that was the love of the game. Don’t got it any more, for he took my soul away.
© Copyright 2007 BubTheBoy (bubtheboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1207757-For-He-Took-It-Away