*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208244-Friends-Through-Trial-and-Error
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Drama · #1208244
State-wide essay contest required for us to write for a grade...
Friends through Trial and Error
I believe that there are two different types of friends: ones who hurt and ones who truly care.
When I was little, I was known to be an introverted kid. I never made friends because I thought the only friend in this world would be my sister. Yes, we were the typical sisters who were the best of friends. Everyday as I went to school, as usual I would never engage in conversations with the other kids. I was always shy and timid. One day it occurred to me that I should learn to break out of my shell and make new friends.
Last year was more or less terrible. It took someone to hurt me for me to realize who my friends really are. I thought this person was my friend until she decided to take revenge. I was emotionally and physically wounded. I was left with a scar on my hand to remember the moment forever. After the incident, I went to a retreat. I had no intention of going, after what had happened to me that day. Once I arrived I felt a sense of clarity. There was some sign that God was with me that weekend.
One of my best friends helped me through my problems. He wanted me to release all the anguish and rage that was arousing inside of me. Finally, I told him. Even though I broke into tears, I felt like some sort of weight was lifted from my shoulders. After the retreat, I felt this feeling. A feeling I had never felt before. A sense of courage and bravery overcame me like a spirit passing through me. I learned that no one has the right to push me around even if they are my friend because friends don’t hurt friends.
This year, I’ve dreaded the possibility of moving. The summer before school started, my sister moved. A feeling of uneasiness fell upon me. My sole protector was gone. After she left, I made a deal with my mom that I wouldn’t get anything lower then a B. A single point could be the reason I pack up and leave. I felt the only purpose I wanted to stay here was to be with my friends. I didn’t want to return to the time where I had no one. So with all my will power, I worked until I couldn’t stand studying anymore. My friends realized all the work I’ve done was for them. The ones that cared stood by, cheering me on. Through my strength and knowledge I will accomplish the task to keep the friends I’ve earned.
I learned friendship from having one friend, to having friends that cause sorrow, to friends that were there for me. “Through friends there is no right or wrong, but rather if you chose the right person,” as I once said. With this, I believe.

© Copyright 2007 angelshaven (loverskiss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208244-Friends-Through-Trial-and-Error