*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208376-Lover
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · LGBTQ+ · #1208376
A guys love then lost
Prolog

It’s a chilly mid-December night, exactly one year since the accident happened, and yet there hasn’t been any change in the emotional barrier. Outside the snow fell softly onto the barren streets, and a icy-chill swept its way across the city; ’causing the temperature to seem many digresses colder then in reality. The harsh winter was over looked by the people, they were snug inside there heated homes. Some set reading the latest article published by Yoko Mina, while others snuggled up with loved ones in front of the T.V watching “J-Pop, the newest music in Japan”
Then there is Kyle, a slender teen (about 18/19) with flowing brown hair and bright blue eyes, he set at his computer, screen blank, mind blank, he couldn‘t think of what to write. His eyes peered out a nearby window; watching the unwelcome blizzard approach the city. “God…” He murmured, this was getting old, week three of his written slump. Shutting down his computer, “its no use, I can’t think of anything.” Raising to his feet, he sighed deeply; then the lights flickered. “Better, grab some candles from the attic, whiles there still some light.” Climbing up the ladder, he bumped his head, “Ouch!” Its been awhile since he’d climbed up there.
Fumbling for the light switch, his elbow bumped a nearby table. “Now, what did I do?” Clicking the lights on, he bent down and picked up a frame. “Huh?” Looking at it, a single tear ran down his tanned cheek. “I-I forgot about this?” Placing it back on the shelf, he went long and gathered up some candles. “Hmm, five should be enough… one for the Bathroom, one for my bedroom, one for the kitchen, one for the hallway and one for the family shrine.
After he placed the candles in the desired areas, he strolled into the kitchen and poured himself his third cup of coffee. “Umm…” Relaxing in a recliner, Kyle took of his glasses placing them in their holder. “I am so out of it!” Whiskey, his calico-cat, entered the room and leaped onto his stomach. “Uhg!” Smiling, he petted him. “You’re getting heavy.”
A crash of thunder spooked him and Whiskey, “Hmm…Seems its more then just snow out there…” Picking up the fuzz-ball, Kyle laid him down on the cozy bed. “Stay in here.” Shutting the door behind him, he retraced his steps and lit all the candles, while turning off all the electrical appliances. Returning to his coffee, he gulped it down and put the glass in the sink.
Passing the shrine, depression over-came him, “I thought I had forgotten it…all” He slide the door shut and chanted a prayer. “I will never forget thy.” Kyle then proceeded to the bathroom.
The room quickly filled up with steam, “Um-hm,” Kyle sighed as the hot water hit his tan skin, causing his entire body to sparkle. Soaping up a wash-cloth his graced the rag over his body cleansing every inch. Rinsing off , his mind began to wonder.
That’s when it hit him. “…Derek…”

Chapter 1

“Mr. Kyle!” An elderly woman with silver hair and thick rimmed glasses, his collage professor, called him for the second time. Needless to say she wasn’t impressed at all.
“How can he just sit there in La La?” A nearby student asked a loud.
Mrs. Kelly wasn’t in the mood; a good student like him…Not paying! “Mr. Kyle, would you please pay attention and stop writing . This is mathematics not creative writing101.” She was furious!
Glancing up at her, he only smiled. “Sorry, I didn’t know I was distracting you.” He casually placed his notebook under his math book. “Please continue.” Every word, every movement, was done with such innocents that Mrs. Kelly didn’t know whether she should go on teaching or yell at him for being a smart-ass.
Looking around, the entire class was staring, watching and waiting to see what was going to happen next. Clearing her throat, “Ukum…Mr. Kyle, I will let that slide just this once, but next time I wont be so nice.” Then she began her lecture once more. “As I already stated…”
Kyle, slowly began jotting down notes, then her words became unknown, “Blah, blah, blah…” In reality he wasn’t interested with her or the class, he only took the class because it was a freshman requirement.
Tick tock, tick tock. Time crept by, the class seemed to last forever. Mrs. Kelly’s voice faded into complete silence and her body disappeared into the darkness.
A stunning young lady approached, with wavy brunette hair and a overwhelming slender form, she was dressed in a pink business suite. In her hand she held a book, with an unmarked title, and she seemed to be staring at him.
“Greeting.” He welcomed her with a gentle handshake.
Smiling, she pulled herself a chair and set down. “Please join me!” Once her set across from her she then started a casual conversation. “Hello, Mr. Kyle, I am glad you took time to meet with me…As you know, my company is very please with your talent as a writer and you always make the deadlines, even if it means you pulled several niters.”
“Thanks…” Was all he could say. His mind wasn’t on their talk in was on her body. “Check here out?” He didn’t mean to block out her voice.
“…Anyways, you are aware that they were told you’d do it? Right?” She asked.
“Told? Told who?” He was confused.
“That’s exactly what I was wondering?”
“Huh?” He was snapped back into reality. “Wondering what?” Then it hit him. “Oh!” Rubbing the back of his neck as a goofy smile appeared on his face, Kyle tried to casually replied. “I must’ve dozed off a bit…Sorry…”
“KYLE!” Mrs. Kelly shouted at him.
BEEP! The bell rang signaling it was time to switch classes. As the other students gathered there things, Mrs. Kelly informed her straight-A student that she wanted a word with him in her office pronto.
“Please, shut the door.” Mrs. Kelly was serious and Kyle knew that all jokes and laughs were off.
“Yes Ma’am.” He shut the door and took a set in a fuzzy purple chair in front of her desk . Her eyes were cold and he set there waiting for everything to crash down. “So…”
“Kyle…” She sighed. “I have noticed your grades have been slipping…” She paused and expected a harsh reaction from the boy, yet all he did was sit there. “I mean, its true, your grades still out do the others by at least 30points…And…” She was cut short.
“And, I don’t see the problem of that, why waste your time scolding me if there really isn’t a reason to?” He defended himself.
Shaking her head. “With grades like yours, you have the respect of all of the teaches and students on this campus. If others are to see you slack off; they may as well do the same and we cant afford that to happen. I am telling you this as your teacher, I am sure you are a very skilled and crafted writer, but please, cant that wait until AFTER collage?”
Peering at the ground. “No..”
“What?”
“I said, NO it cant…” He stood up. “May I leave?” He begin to walk off.
“Kyle?”
“What?” Glairing at her he calmly said. “We are finished her. I am leaving.” He then walked out of her office, gathered his book and jogged to his next class arriving just in time.”

Meanwhile at that moment, in Professor Lippert’s class, the students were working on a chemical mixture in the lad. He had given them all the basic instructions. “Now mix the chemicals…” Seconds later a giant explosion accrued.
“AH!” A room full of student busted into the hallways as the fire alarm rang out. Classroom after classroom emptied into the gigantic parking lot. “What the?” Where the words coming from most of the students. “FIRE!” Came out of some of their mouths; while others were just exiting.
“Damn it Derek!” Brittany shouted. Making her way through the crowd she spotted Derek. “You’re a fucking ass-hole!” Slapping him good across the face; she yelled at him. “I am struggling enough in my classes as it is and if you keep pulling your prank I will never be able to understand this crap!”
Once the building was checked, the students returned to their studies. “Uhk!” Mr. Lippert cleared his throat and glared at Derek. “After class, I’d like to speak with you, Derek.” Then he went on with the lesson.
BEEP! Sounded the ending of one period and the start of another, Derek, tried to slip out with the rest; but was caught by Mr. Lippert and drug into the conference room (aka: his office)
“What did you do!?!” He yelled at the young-gothic boy, with his spiky black hair between the ranges of 17/18.
Smiling back at the older teacher. “Exactly what you said…I mixed the chemicals.” He chuckled. “I don’t understand why it blew…” He played off as if he was completely confused about the whole reaction.
“Mr. Derek, you understand perfectly what you did and why it happened. What you don’t get is what could of happened if the chemicals weren’t so low.” Lippert tried to remain calm with the delinquent but it was hard to not shout. “Derek, you could have blown the entire school…Its students like you that make it harder on other student.
“So what?”
“So…!” He was furious, “why are you even in collage, with an attitude like yours I bet you wont even make it thought the second semester.” normally he tried to encourage students, but Derek was a complete exception to that.
“but, you never said which chemicals to mix. Which means its just as much your fault as its mine. Ya’ know?”
That did it, “DEREK THIS IS SERIOUS!” Slamming his hand down on the desk, “this isn’t some fantasy life or some video game! You really don’t know how much trouble you could have got into do you?”
Yawning he replied. “Nope, but I’m sure your about to tell me, right?” He laughed then waited for Lippert to go off again.
“Ugh! Derek you’re…” He was cut off.
“A talented young man with a great deal of potential…I know, I know god! I wish you suites would just back off and let me be who I am, and not what you guys think you can make me.”
“And I wish punks like you would just grow-up and learn that life wont always go your way.” Professor Lippert shot back.
“Hmpt! Can I leave?” Derek’s dark eyes looked up at the clock. “Its late and I have other business to attend to…” He began to get up.
“SIT!” Lippert yelled.
“Huh?” Derek smiled. “Sorry, you know I’d love to stay and chat, but I am sorry. Today I just can’t.” He rushed out the door and quickly gathered his books. “See ya’ Lippert!” Grabbing his skateboard, he lunged out the classroom. “Finally!” Speeding down the passageway, he cut a corner too short and rammed into a tall slender blonde-haired boy with an even California-tan. “ Ugh!” Falling on their asses, both boys stared at one another. “Watch where you are going!” Both yelled in unison. “Huh?” A slight chuckle crawled out of them.
Derek, was the first up, he wiped his hand on his tripp pants. “I am sorry,” reaching out a hand, “here, please allow me to help you up.”
“Thanks,” the blonde replied; but instead of him pulling himself up, he jerked Derek back down. “There!” he then helped himself up.
“Ouch! What was that for, JERK!” Derek, didn’t understand why the guy pulled him down, he was actually trying to be nice for a change. A frown covered his face.
Squatting down next to him, the guy smiled. “I know, but hey; you knocked me down so I was returning the favor.” Reaching down and grabbing Derek’s hand. “Now we are even…”
The warmth of the boys hand, and the silky feel of the skin, caused Derek’s heart to race; “Oh god, what if I am blushing?” He thought. “Thanks.” He allowed the guy to help him up.
“No problem.” The blonde flashed a smile that could make a girl melt. “Later man!” With the depart being said he rushed off toward the Grasper Dorm’s (2bedroom dorms that only rich teens can afford. The bedrooms have there own couch, T.V, and mini-fridge).
“Huh?” he stood there alone and confused. “Is he mad? Or what?” The simple thought kept him focused for a moment. Then it hit him, he didn’t know the guys name. “Wait! Please…I-I…” He was too late. “I didn’t catch your name…” He whispered.
© Copyright 2007 Ryuichi Minamino (rikku6256 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208376-Lover