*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208670-Monologue-of-the-Dying
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1208670
Just some quickly written thoughts of what the dying may think about.
Here it is-- the end of life. What waits for me beyond the Door of Death? Who will grieve for me when I step through the Door? Will there be Celebration? Or Mourning?

Have I lived my life in such a way that those I leave behind will mourn my parting, yet celebrate it? Or will they shed a tear and forget?

Here, in these last few moments of life, how will I spend them?

Will I remember all the things I regret? Or will I remember those cherished moments of laughter with friends and family?

Will I mourn the loss of opportunity for things I wish I could have done? Or will I celebrate the opportunities I had for things I did?

Will I live the last moments of my life for myself? Or will I give them to others as a parting gift?

But alas! the Time has come. I have wasted my last moments contemplating my life, instead of investing it in living.
© Copyright 2007 Trivia Ither (homelyauthor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208670-Monologue-of-the-Dying