*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1209226-Why-limit-yourself
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1209226
We limit ourselves on a daily basis just by stating round figures...
Why limit yourself?

This is not a rule. Even though it can be considered as a semi cosmic rule.
Something we hear on a daily basis, most likely few times a day.
-I wish i had 10.000$.- Instead of- I wish i had enough money to..
- It's going to cost 50,000$- It's going to cost quite a bit..
-I want to have 3 things..- Several things..
-All i need is ..- I think i would like to have..

And so on. Giving it a structure, it's going to be so much, defining it,
burning it into memory - that's what i need, etc..
Why do we set limits? Because it gives us a false impression:
I'm in control, i know what i need to get, etc..
Creating a new reality by saying it and thinking about it, but (i dare ask) what for?
It's not going to make any definite change does it? You are going to have to do whatever it was you were doing anyway, conditioned as you are.

It did not help a bit, but you managed to create a possible hindrance to your plans-By saying the limit - you stated a fact.
Like you can determine the future - your future, stating you are a master by your own right, knowing very well there are powerful powers out there,(and inside you) which will challenge any effort of self defining future, still you do it all the time, not worrying about it. It works sometimes i'll galdly admit but only because it was a reasonable outcome anyway.

On the other hand you have created resistance, and from strong cosmic powers at that.Yes, you, a non-significant element of the wide universe (in your own eyes). How can that be? You have direct access to higher worlds which you know nothing about, and treat it like some 'big deal' kind of thing.
Not even starting to imagine what you have created in far and unseen - by us, (using our five senses), worlds.

These powers are not judging you, no, not at all, they sympathise with your efforts, and give you the result, almost automatically, in order to improve next time.
There is no gain or punishment involved - just a chance missed.
A chance you had, you might have received more than the limit, but we will not get an answer this time around.

© Copyright 2007 Josef Firestone (firestone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1209226-Why-limit-yourself