*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211074-Beast-part-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Dark
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1211074
man trapped in a room with no where to go and no food or water. (part 1)
    Silver eyes flashed menacingly, a grin spread across his face. Chrome-like hair was set aglow in the dim light of the otherwise dark room. The light was focused on him from behind, casting a shadow amongst darkness onto the opposing wall. Another shadow stirred near his, barely visible to the human eye, yet those silver eyes were locked onto it as if the shadow was obvious.
    The man continued to watch the shadow with a devilish grin and a sinister façade. The shadow swayed, as if bored or in a trance. A voice emerged, booming through the room.
“Would you stop staring so intensely, Shaun?” The man grinned, even wider, as if he were crackling. The shadow tutted and paced, still the man, Shaun, watched him with eyes of fierce silver.
    “Why?” He asked the shadow slowly. “Feeling a bit… nervous?” Shaun narrowed his eyes, his voice deep and soft, taunting like.
    The shadow paused. “Like hell.” He said, chuckling darkly.
    Shaun smirked still, his eyes boring past blinking darkness and to the other figure. He tilted his head, narrowing his eyes further, his long chrome-like hair slithering to the side upon his broad bare shoulders.
    Man, his back was starting to really gnaw at him. He shifted in the chair, trying to relax his muscles, to no avail. They were as relaxed as they were gonna get, although, they looked anything but relaxed. Shaun was a beast of a man, steely sinew rippling through his toned and powerful body. His broad shoulders supported a strong neck, both of which were aching just a bit…. Three days of no food and having you arms bound parallel to the base of a chair and your waist tied to the crook of the seat tended to really hurt.
    But he laughed it off, cackling to raise a few goose bumps on the flesh of the coward hiding in the shadows before him. Shaun was still grinning as the shadow paced. Silent whispers started to brush against his mind, and inwardly the silver eyed man cursed. As if he was hit by a semi, pain wracked through his body, his head especially, causing him to arch his back in the agony, brining himself more pain because of the awkward position his arms were tied in. He crackled through the pain, seeming mad, his eyes flaring fiercely and his pupils becoming even smaller than they normally were, to a pinpoint. He continued cackling, the whispers becoming quick chants in his head, and flexed to show what pain was slithering through his body.
  The chanting whispers slowed and faded away after awhile. His hair was hardly tousled and his eyes were closed… his body motionless, all but the slow and deep rise and fall of his chest. Then his eyes snapped open and he jerked forward simultaneously causing the chair to scrape eerily across the hard floor, grinning wickedly. His eyes were pin points, the silver of his eyes making the effect more exaggerated that it was. He started chuckling, a some what high-pitched chuckle. “Is that all you have for me, coward?!” He said his voice hoarse and almost forced. His grin widened as he started laughing, low at first, then loud,  booming through the room like that of a madman in an asylum. An irritated ‘tch’ came from the shadows, then a creak of a door being opened. All of the darkness in the room seemed to shrink and slither away as if in fear of bright white light. There was a brief pause, very brief, before the man left, Shaun still cackling, the shadows flickering back to life and usurping most of the room again.
  The laughs echoed through the room and out, for all to hear, and all to fear. Shaun calmed after a few minutes, his laughter still echoing just a bit longer, and then everything lapsed into silence. He smirked, his eyes on the door. Let them fear me, He thought, chuckling. Let them fear me: let them wish to challenge me… let them come…

  Shaun remained tied to the chair throughout the night, half dozing yet completely aware of his surroundings. His face was titled slightly downward, his chrome-like hair shielding his face halfway. Shaun tapped his foot lightly, humming a tune and nodding his head sleepily. He continued this for about two minutes then smirked. “Hehe… Come out, come out little one." He murmured, his eyes in shadow, his smirking lips visible. “You know you know you can’t hide from me.”  He lifted his titled head, rolling it around, stretching it and titling it back some before sighing and letting his eyes fall upon a small girl kneeling before him in the shadows. She seemed to have a light aura about her, dark purple and blue. Her eyes were innocently green and seemed to glow as well. She seemed shy and looked worriedly up to the beast of a man before her, opening her mouth to speak. Shaun arched a brow and let his smirk fall, causing her to close her mouth and bow her hea. He chuckled. “Good girl.” He said softly, drawing out the words a bit .
    The girl nodded and smiled slightly, feeling bad. “NO,” she said in a small ringing voice. Her aura dimmed slightly feeling of being chided. Shaun chuckled and straightened his head to look at her, his eyes shadowed. He sighed. “Come here, my dear,” He beckoned her. She came forward a few steps, paused, then came forward all of the way to lay her hands on his knees lightly. He sat back casually, his legs spread out some, but then he grinned suddenly and brought his legs up to pick her up. She gasped and giggled some. He chuckled, using his legs to shake her around a bit. “I have already told you not to worry,” he said letting her clamber down. Shaun crossed his right leg over his left thigh and she leapt up onto the right leg, sitting there, smiling. Her aura was bright and her eyes smiled at him as well. 
  Such innocence, he thought, smiling slightly and admiringly. “What do you plan o doing here anyway?” He asked her. She blushed slightly, “I don’t know, I want to Help Shaun.” She said, blushing a bit more in her embarrassment. He chuckled, “what makes you think that you, a child, can help me out of what I have not helped myself out of?” He arched a brow.
    She frowned and dropped her, head whimpering slightly. He smiled darkly to her, his silver eyes in shadow.
(to be contiued)
© Copyright 2007 Dark (darukadark at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211074-Beast-part-1