*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211285-Crawling-Back-To-Sanity
by Quid
Rated: XGC · Documentary · Death · #1211285
Mental hardships and paranoia due to brief loss of faith after my mother was murdered.
Its 6:00 a.m. My cell phone rings, but I'm asleep and dont answer. I only awaken long enough to glance at the alarm clock and see that I still have a half of an hour left until I need to wake up, then I close my eyes again. Not thirty secounds later my husbands cell phone rings. He answers it. "Missy," he says nudging me,"wake up, its Don." Don was my mothers secound husband. I put the phone to my ear; "hello?" The three words that came out of his mouth after that will never leave my mind. "Your mother's dead," he said, "somebody murdered her last night." I was about 5 months pregnant when this happened, and was extremely fragile. I can say the way he told me wasn't the greatest, but cant think of a way that would have been. The first minute after I heard the news I was in shock, I was confused, scared, and torn apart all while my husband was freaking out trying to get me to tell him what happened. All I could say to Don was "are you serious, well, ok, I need to get off this phone now.."
My mother was manager at a local Dollar General. It wasn't a glamourous job to say the least, but it got her and Don's bills paid. She had been working there for a while, and it was nice because it was just right acrossed the parking lot from my work, so I got to see her more. Everyday after I had gotten off work, I would go visit her for about an hour or so. I actually saw her the day it happened. The morning of her murder was actually a memorable one to start. My mother had gone to the hospital where I had a sonogram done and picked up my pictures for me. Granted they weren't the best pictures, it helps me to know she had the chance to "see" her first grandchild. The grandchild she would know about, love, but never get to meet.
© Copyright 2007 Quid (melissamathia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211285-Crawling-Back-To-Sanity