*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211552-Ghost-of-Gotham-Towers
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #1211552
from a writing prompt that said to put Shaggy and BatGirl in an elevator
“Like, hold the door!” Shaggy called out as he ran down the hall to the elevator. “Come on, Scooby!” he yelled as he dove in past the closing doors. But the dog didn’t make it. The doors closed in his face and the elevator began its ascent. “Scooby…”

He couldn’t believe his old pal didn’t make it in time. Who knows what would happen to him, stuck in that hallway with the Ghost of Gotham Towers. Shaggy leaned against the wall and slowly slid down until he was sitting on the floor. That’s when he noticed the elevator’s other occupant. Too scared to make a sound, his jaw dropped and eyes went to the size of half dollars.

The girl had black hair pulled back in a ponytail. She wore a black cape over a skin-tight black jumpsuit, and the light in the elevator reflected off of her black leather boots. But the thing that upset Shaggy was the mask. Covering the top part of her face was a black, bat-shaped mask. “Don’t worry. I won’t hurt you.” She had pressed the button for the top floor and was now pulling something off of her utility belt. “Who are you?” Shaggy asked slowly. She seemed a little confused. “Why, I’m Batgirl. Haven’t you heard of me?” “I’m, like, from outta town, man” was the only thing he could say. As the elevator slowly climbed the 40 stories Batgirl explained who she was. “So you help some Batdude keep Gotham safe. Uber cool. Y’know, I solve mysteries with my friends, so I totally know where you’re coming from. Hey! Maybe you can help me save my friend from the Gotham Ghost.” The doors opened and the two walked out into the hall. They quickly came up with a plan to save Scooby.

Ten minutes later the elevator doors again opened on the floor with the ghost. Shaggy slowly stepped out and looked around. Then he saw Scooby whimpering in the corner. “ No, Raggy, it’s a rap!” Suddenly the Ghost came sweeping down from the ceiling. His arm was stretched out, reaching for Shaggy. His fingers were just about to grab Shaggy’s arm when a flash of black came out of the elevator.

POW! BAM! CRASH! ZAP! CRUNCH! SLAP! POW! BAM!

After the dust settled, Shaggy and Scooby saw the Ghost tied up and lying on the floor. Batgirl was standing over him. “Rooow!” Scooby said in awe. “That soo deserves a Scooby Snack.” Shaggy said in amazement. A noise at the other end of the hall caught their attention. Who’s that?” asked Batgirl. “That’s the rest of the gang.” answered Shaggy. Velma, Daphne, and Fred made their way down the hall followed by Don Knotts and members of the Harlem Globetrotters. A group of police and reporters came in last. “Now, all we have to do is see who is behind the mask,” said Velma. “According to my calculations, the Ghost of Gotham Towers is actually….” Fred pulled off the mask. “Old Man Smithers?” everyone, except Velma, said in astonishment. Velma answered all of the reporter’s questions and thanked Batgirl for her help. “Well, I had a lot of help. Shaggy, I couldn’t have done it with out you.” And before she left to save Gotham from the next evil villain, she leaned over and kissed Shaggy on the cheek.

“Zoinks!”
© Copyright 2007 Esperanza (esperanza248 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211552-Ghost-of-Gotham-Towers