*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211847-Rabbits-in-spring
by mars
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Experience · #1211847
This is now blogged. Because of the reviews, the original not deleted but in my Cabinet.
Days are lenghtening.
Our two rabbit-ladies have also noticed. Mating-season getting on their minds..  Rabbit-ladies are same like cows, when ready for mating: they start to cover any available rabbit. But where cows are quite calm, there rabbits are very emotional. So wild scenes going on all day in the cage in our livingroom. Mister "Bram" (old Dutch name, I like it so much), is castrated and finds it tiring stuff. Though even he has a bit of spring in his head and tries to live up to his duties about twice in a day. He is the most sweetest but very laid-back and dull little guy. Whenever you watch him, you have to laugh about his too cool expressions.
He is of a most beautiful beige-sandcolour, with different hues. Very rare colour. Home-bred. Minka is also born here. Black Nala we saved from the pet-shop, the evening before she was going to be returned to the pet-trader, for snake-food. She had grown too big and no one had wanted her. As she is not a cute childrens-type of rabbit. She is full alive, highly intelligent, always busy, reacts to everything. Bright shining eyes and talking ears, so beautiful. Absolutely great rabbit, but when given a chance she destroys her whole surroundings. She has cut so many cables in our house - internet, TV, vacuumcleaner, telephone and many electricity cables. This happened in the past, so now she's not allowed free in the room. It was me who had to repair or replace all those cables. She does it in a second, you never even get a chance to avoid it. Unlike other rabbits, you can see it coming and stop them.
Today we will get a huge new cage for the garden. The wether is nice, thus they can easily make the transition. So now they can celebrate spring in the sun. But one thing is sure: I will miss their daily soap, as it unfolded in our living-room.
© Copyright 2007 mars (maria-n at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211847-Rabbits-in-spring