*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1213552-The-Dagger-of-Amaranth
by Desii
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1213552
Write about a young spy's mission.
"My, my, my. Someone seems to have been busy," the husky voice said behind her. Rainelie spun to find herself face to face with Devron.

"Aye, I have." She stroked the horse standing beside her.

"Do you have the information?"

"I do,"she nodded. Looking around at the few folk on the street this late, she leaned forward, "Is it safe to talk here?" Devron turned and motioned her to follow him. They moved through the streets to the local inn. Rainelie tethered her horse and followed him into the inn and upstairs to a room. As the door shut behind her, Devron quickly spoke a spell over the door.

"There, no one should disturb us now." He turned to Rainelie. "What have you found?"

"The dagger has been summoned by Agrog." She proceeded to tell him what she had overheard. Devron stood silent for a moment before nodding.

"I have known of this dagger." He paced the room. "There are many that would see this dagger destroyed. It, indeed, can be the undoing of our god. Agrog does not want that to happen and he has hidden the dagger in the crypts. I thank you for confirming my suspicions." Rainelie remained quiet as she waited for his plan. After some time he stopped pacing and stood in front of her. "You must bring me his three mortal children. They alone will be able to help us with this. I will speak with Isslin and see if he knows their whereabouts. I will send word to you as soon as I have information.” Rainelie nodded.

“I will continue to train my blades until you call me.” With that, he released the spell on the door and left her to begin preparations for the hunt.


© Copyright 2007 Desii (ecreed at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1213552-The-Dagger-of-Amaranth