*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1214448-The-Holy-Dirges-Curse
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Sample · Fantasy · #1214448
Title is pending,i am mainly Putting this out to see if i should continue.
                                                                               The Holy Dirge's Curse

PROLOUGE

          A Long Time ago, on a planet far away from our own, there was Nothing But Chaos, Death, and War. Until The God of Light, The Dragon Arku,
Came Before a Young Fox, Veil Armund I, Later known as "Veil The Great", And aided him to unify his people against the darkness, in which he did, and was able to Cast the Darkness back to where it came from,
though Costing him his Right hand, which was replaced by the darkness's Curse, which malfested itself in the form of a gauntlet, and cursed him and his kin to a lifetime of occasional pain,
and a strange beast contained in them, fighting to control his/her body, despite this, he went on with his life, married,and had a son, who also had the gauntlet on his right hand, He named his son Veil Armund II, and for awhile, life was good,
the Kingdom he formed from the unity was blessed forever into a golden age by the God of light, as reward for their good deeds.
         
         For generations the Armund Family have been the Rulers of this Kingdom, as it is set in stone that it must be them, do to their particular bloodline having mysterious connection to the god of light, and defend this kingdom from
Darkness. This order and peace been Retianed, and it's the 198th year of the 4th King, King Veil Armund IV, when the darkness decides to return, but with a new ally....

CHAPTER 1:Perfect never stays perfect...

         "Wake Up you Klutz!!" a Female Voice was heard as our hero, Zeil Armund, was kicked awake, "You're Late! Your Dad's Gonna Kill you!!" the voice said, which he identified as his Childhood Friend, and future queen, Yuri, as his vision came into focus, he notcied what the small,
grey wolf was wearing.
         
         "Ah, I see they finally held you down and Forced a dress on you, Love?" He said, with a Large Grin on his face.
Yuri blushed as she tried her best to maintain her serious face, "You Just enjoy it as much as you can! It's only for your 20th Birthday!" (20 Veilian years= 40 Human years, veilians age slowly and live longer..), Her "Serious" Face turned into a puzzled one, "What were you doing under that tree anyways?" She asked.
         
         "Hmm.." Zeil Scrached under his muzzle in thought, "Ah! I remember, i was sharpening my sword and practicing on this tree..when.. i.. don't remember after that..."
Yuri picked up a nearby apple and looks at a bump on Zeil's head,
         
         "This fell on your head ? Oh you poor baby.." she asked mockingly.
         
         "I think so... Ouch! That's a big Bump, i hope the Ceremonial Helm'll cover it up!"He commented.
         
         Yuri gave Zeil a hand on finding where his immense sword went off to, (It flew off about 5 feet, down the hill), his sword, "The OathKeeper", was huge, old, and rusty. Veil The Great had wielded it against the darkness, though it has lost it's tremendous power over time. Zeil had Tattered Scraps of Cloth Wrapped around it cause he thought "it added to the cool woosh sound."
He sheathed it, and checked if his Ceremonial Red Armor Was O.K., a little dusty, but alright. The Gold Crested Plate, and chainmail underneath was Made with special Fire Dragonite ore, found in Fire Dragon Caves, Zeil personally Despised the armor, his original suit was much better..
He then unraveled his black cloak, and held an arm across Yuri's Shoulder, Disorientedly walking to the Draksvi, Which were Medium to small sized compared to their Dragon cousins, which the veilians used a personal transpor, or as a pet or good friend, as they could talk..


         They Arrived at the Castle, To Find The Entire Veilian public Already Gathered For The Heritage Ceremony, and Zeil's Father, King Veil Armund IV, Annoyed, but thankful for his arrival. "Were in Arku's Name Have you been? The Ceremony's About to begin! Let's go!"
Zeil wore the Ceremonial Helm his Father Gave him, it was red, and was molded like a Dragon's skull."Ok Son, I will Go out there and address the people, when i am Finished, you will walk out there arm and arm with Yuri, as she is the future queen, now, do you remember your speech?"
         
         "Yes, Father, i Know it by Heart by Now.." He said as He put the Cursed-hand (Dirge Hand) over his heart.
         
         "Good, Now, be ready you too!!" He Shouted Back, as he began to walk onto the Stage, towards the Pedistal. The pedistal was made of White marble, and had a small notch on the face to where you could hold a book.
Next to the pedistal, was another, yet smaller one, with a red velvet pillow, holding the Veilian King's Crown, which was of Course surrounded by Elite guardsmen.
         
         "Ahem, Good People of Veilia!!", He Began in his deep, bass voice, "I Have Come to thee today, to announce The retirement of the current king, and the Crowning of a new, and hopefully, noble King..."
"It Seems Like yesterday that i was in my son's position, but now, a few years *chuckle* have passed, and it is now time for me to spend the rest of my life in peace.." The King Took a deep Breath, and gestured Towards The Couple walking up to him, a mix of applause and cheering was heard, until the couple made it to the King.
Then, Veil picked the crown up gently, and eased it on to the head of his beloved Son. He then said, " Veilians, i give you, King Zeil Armund, and Future Queen Yuri Myuka."
         
         The Two Bowed, when they rose. an Elite Commander Ran to Veil, " Your Highness! The Castle's under attack by Demons, our Elite Guard is engaging them as we speak.."
Just then, a demon burst through the floor Right in front of them.
         
         "Soldiers!, To arms!!" The Former King Cried. The elite guard Surronded Zeil, Yuri and the Veil IV. "Protect The Royal Family!!" The Guards Cried, The Commander of the Unit called to them. " Sirs!! and er... ma'am, we need to get you all to safety, stay back, as we can handle this one.."
Another Two burst up from behind it..

         "Move aside, i'll help fight!" Zeil Said, Reading his sword...

         "I will too!" Yuri Exclaimed, drawing her shortsword she kept with her for protection.

         " Yuri, stay with my father! Make sure the guard gets him to a safe place.." he said, removing the cloth after saying a few words in Old Veilian to reveal a Half-Powered Oathkeeper,a bright,shining sword a bit more worthy of the Legend bound to it.
He Taunted the Closest Demon, " You want a fight, hmm?" The Demon roared as both combatants went into battle stance, they charged each other, Zeil begining to slash with his sword, and the demon, lunging with claws outstreched, pointed at its adversary. The demon suddenly bursted into holy flame as it flew through the air, batted away by Zeil's weapon.
The Elite guard gasped in awe at their Future King's strength, The demons were paralyzed with fear as they saw their commrade fly into the sunset.
         
         Zeil, accompanied with a elite guard squadron, entered the great hall, in which a demon jumped them, the elite guard barely had time to ready their weapons when Zeil's sword appeared, impailing the demon through it's middle.

         "Nice Shot, Your Highness!", One of the greener Elites Exclaimed.

         "Hmm? oh yes, Grivald, I used to be your drinking partner, call me by my name please, That goes for everyone... i hate titles.." The Guards nodded as Zeil pulled his weapon out of the demon. "Now, let's ensure the saftey of our Banisher Priests, Shall we?"
         
         Banisher Priestswere a breed all their own, they were all born female & blind, but they were able to cast certian spells most Master Magicians Wouldn't dare attempt, they had unusual tattoos all over their bodies that were belived to be the cause of their powers. They wore white priestly robes, with the Dignified Veilian Crest, The God Arku, in red, on the chest area of the robe, and also on the back of the hood,
Zeil spotted a group of them trying to cast a ward spell on a unusually large  Fire Demon.

         "There, Lead them To The Cathedral Pyre, I need to find Commander Grimrose." The Guards quickly saluted, and hurried of to help the Banish Priests, Just as the ward spell froze it in time,  leaving it vulneable.

         GrimRose Was a Lizard Necromancer, Though skilled in the katana, he prefered the Death Artsmore than cold steel, Zeil and GrimRose considered themselves brothers as Zeil's father had raised Grimrose since he was a youngling, and along with Yuri, usually stayed together in battle.
         
         When Zeil Arrived at his last known location, Grimrose's unit had been annhilated, though Grimrose was nearby, Pinned down by a Water Demon trying to keep it from biting his head off. Zeil thought, "Now would be the perfect time to use my Dirge Hand." he then sheathed his sword.
and got in a ready stance, holding his arm out, he said an incantation, and a few seconds later, his dirge hand was engulfed in a dark flame, he jumped at the demon, thrusting his hand into the beast, it pierced the body clean, with his Clawed, Dirge-Hand Grasping the heart of the demon, he crushed the heart, slaying the demon.
         
         Soon as the Flame wore off, he outstreched a hand to his Friend.

         "Have a little Trouble there?" Zeil commented.
         
         "I knew you were coming, brother, so i merely gave you a chance to use your little toy there, i know how much you enjoy that.." He paused... " Where's Yuri?"He asked, inspecting his black robes.
         
         "Right Here!" Cried a Cheerful Voice. The wolf leapt out from behind a pile of rubble.
         
         "Is Father Safe?" Zeil and Grimrose Both Questioned.
         
         "Oh, that old Bum is alright. he made it to The Pyre, with all the Banishers and guards over there, he should be fine.."
Yuri was now in her combat armor, which resembles Zeil's personal armor, not his ceremonial, although they looked similar.(I'd have to get a picture drawn for better details.) Her weapon of choice was a shortsword, along with a buckler shield.

         The Three, now reunited, headed back Towards the Pyre, fighting off demons as they advacned, they met up with a few Soldiers that had fell behind, leading them back to the Pyre, they saw the door in sight, when a Dark Figure rose out of the floor.

Chapter 2:A False OathKeeper? (Title Pending) In Progress...
© Copyright 2007 The_Oathkeeper (the_oathkeeper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1214448-The-Holy-Dirges-Curse