*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1214664-Mockery-to-Their-World
by Natt
Rated: 13+ · Other · Religious · #1214664
Understand, that my knowledge on Christianity isn't much.
         If you are not a Christian you will die. This ideology is being expressed through the latest video game, “Left Behind: Eternal Forces”. When I first heard about this game and what it was about I was furious, but not because I was one of those who would be killed, but because some ignorant people at a gaming company decided to make a video game on the novels, Left Behind, and make Christians look like murderous fiends. Now, I want you to think, if somebody who doesn’t even believe in God can get so angry about this then how do you think Christians feel? How would you feel if somebody said your religion is brutal that it would do anything just to convert people? You will see why this latest video game is a mockery to Christian religion, how it is a totally wrong logic of Christian belief, and how it should be taken of the shelf.
         “Left Behind: Eternal Forces” is the latest video game, developed by the Left Behind Games Inc. It has been rated T (for teen) and has been distributed to more than 10,000 retails. When all Christians are transported to heaven the rest of Earth’s population has a choice to either convert or fight against the Antichrist by Global Community and Peacemaker forces. So the player has to either kill or convert non-Christians. Though the game doesn’t show any blood or other gruesome sights, it still depicts violence. “Left Behind: Eternal Forces” is giving the public a message that Christians are brutal and violent, yet Christian beliefs are not even close to that ideology because Christians are taught to turn thy cheek and love thy enemy.
         Now, I know the game is based on the Left Behind novels and from my research it is clear that the novel does depict fighting against the antichrist, but the novel its self won’t have such an impact as this game will. Pictures as stronger than words and we all know that. For example, if it is said those of non-Christian belief need to die, you’d think about it and then just brush it off, but if a video, or some from of visual entertainment, were shown you’d be disgusted and more likely to do something drastic. We can’t help it, it’s just the way humans are, but the drastic events that “Left Behind: Eternal Forces” will cause can be as small as protesting to as big as KILLING!
         It is simple ignorance that can cause conflicts among one another. Could you imagine what kind of religious conflict this kind of ignorant act can cause? “Left Behind: Eternal Forces”, is the type of thing that is going to cause this conflict. I know there are probably non-Christian groups who are offended by this latest video game. I know I, being atheist, have found offense in this new game, but I am not going to hold such a grudge because someone decided to make a mockery of my beliefs. I may not get furious to the point of causing Christians harm, but there are others who will. And although there are other games that involve violence, they don’t message a wrong idea about someone’s religion. Religion is something that people tend to get overactive about.
         “Left Behind: Eternal Forces” is a game that needs to be taken of the shelves. We don’t need any more conflicts among religion than we already have. This game is harm to Christians and non-Christians. It is offensive to those religions that are not of the Christian belief. It wouldn’t surprise me to hear about Christians being attacked because someone decided to make a new video game on supposed “Christianity”. It is said that the game is supposed to be inspirational, but inspirational to do what; to kill others?
© Copyright 2007 Natt (unlucky13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1214664-Mockery-to-Their-World