*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1215032-I-am-jealous-of-my-chiropractor
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Health · #1215032
short story
11-10-05 Thursday Night 6:34 returned from the chiropractor
A thought occurred to me on the drive home; This Doctor of mine who is also Jen’s boss is annoying healthy, and like most annoying healthy people he wants everyone else to be just as healthy. Its 6:00 at night and the guys looks as fresh and as rested as he probably did when he came in the front door of the office in the morning. Of Course I would probably look better at 6:00 if I came in at nine and took a two hour lunch where he probably gave himself an enema and banged his wife. Anyway…He tells me about this quitting smoking program that is happening in December. And I laughed and told him that smoking is good for ya. So I laughed and I exclaimed “you want me to quit smoking, whats next exercise?!” As I was coming home I thought of one of my earlier writings where I talked about an old lady that could not understand why she was still alive, and it reminded me about how I truly feel about people who put health as their number one goal. Healthy people in the end with all of their tofu and exercise, and skipping delicious fatty meals fail to realize or don’t care that if they are really lucky and don’t get hit by a bus, they get to go to a lot of funerals, and watch all their friends and family die. Which if anyone ever asks will probably be the reason that I am dead by 50 or shortly thereafter. I guess in there defense they are improving their quality of life till the end. Which means you also would get to be around for grandchildren and being the patriarch and the perks my grandfather has.
© Copyright 2007 Marlboroman (irq222 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1215032-I-am-jealous-of-my-chiropractor