*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1215605-Hollow
by Redink
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #1215605
To hard to describe, you will have to read it and find out what it's like for yourself.

          "As one sits before thee, one shall not fear, one shall not speak, one shall not blink, one shall remain empty, one shall keep their mind void, one shall no longer exist as a spirit or as a physical being, one shall remain nameless and unknown, one shall remain ... hollow"

    I feel it, i feel what i am not allowed, i sense the forsaken. My blood runs again, those old rotten veins no longer seemed decayed. They pulsed, they pumped life through me. I sat back watching my bones and decomposed flesh twitch. How could one understand, how may it be? That one exists? That one has survived the apocalypse, the revelation, and the end of the world?

    Why am i here, again? Have i overcome the impossible, have i existed? Why could i feel? I can see my flesh burning away in the flames that engulfed me. Was he here? Or was i there? Am I in the land of the doomed, the very pits that everyone oh so dreads? Or did he bring the infernal legion to walk the plains of earth? Has the prince of darkness broken through the fiery walls of hell, or was I brought to him, like a pig to the slaughterhouse. 

    I can stand, and see! I can think! How? I shielded my face from the flames that surrounded me, only too see others nearby. Had they overcome the impossible too? Smoke and soot lingered in the air and lava splashed away at rocks beneath my feet, the searing heat almost unbearable. People around me where all as confused and dazed as me. Some just sat, rocking, confined within themselves ... confined to their now insane souls. Others screamed, shrieking in pain, tearing at their own flesh, scrapping at the stonewalls that surrounded them.

    I began walking, slowly at first, avoiding the bodies that lay before me. My right leg seemed to work, although i could see parts of my bones, and muscles that i would have thought should not be showing. Others that weren't completely overwhelmed by fear seemed to follow me. I don't no why. I headed towards a large rock pathway that appeared to bridge across to a cavern, it glowed amazing shades of oranges and reds, monolithic rocks hurled over the bridge, sending molten rock and fire bursting from the lava below.

    I stood before the cavern, not knowing what lies before me. I slowly turned my head to just enough to look behind me, the people where still their, some clung to others as if to hide themselves from the evil perils that lurked in the dark. Small children shivered with fear, the women, wept in terror, and tears dried from their faces in the blistering heat. I turner completely around, i looked at them, they all looked straght back at me ... i began speaking ... if they wanted to survive here, if they wanted to overcome this evil they had better listen ...

    "As one sits before thee, one shall not fear, one shall not speak, one shall not blink, one shall remain empty, one shall keep their mind void, one shall no longer exist as a spirit or as a physical being, one shall remain nameless and unknown, one shall remain ... hollow"



 
© Copyright 2007 Redink (redink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1215605-Hollow