*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1215813-The-Moment-I-was-Gone--The-Meeting
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Renee
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Drama · #1215813
A woman who has been through so much gives love another try
Monica! Look there he goes, right there in the blue and white shirt. “Oh girl damn, Nikki do you see him?” Yeah, damn sis he is fine, are you going to go over and say something to him? Uh, no he might be with someone. “Didn’t you say that he was single, Laya?” Yes Monica I said that he told me he was single, but I still don’t know if it is true. Nikki, what do you think I should do?
“Well if I were you, I would just make sure that he is the one who sees me first, that way if he is with someone, you won’t look like a complete fool running over there and he ends up being with his girlfriend, or better yet his wife.” To me that made a lot more sense, so what I did was act as though I was going into the same store as him, while Monica and Nikki stood off to the side.
Walking down the aisle I looked at some dish detergent as though I couldn’t decided on Sun Showers, Or Lemon Burst. He was less than three feet from me, and still no woman in sight. I felt like a fool standing here and pretending but, hell I rather feel like a fool than look like an ass.
“Malaya, is that you?” Oh Lee, Hi what are you doing here? The question is what are you doing here, looks to me that you are having a hard time making a choice between which dish detergent smells the best.” I just thought that I would bye a few house hold items, I realized this morning that I was running low on dish detergent, so I stopped in to pick some up.
Even as I said this, I had to hold in a laugh, I mean I didn’t even need any dish detergent, I had a damn dish washing machine. Damn this man smelled so good just looking at him had my panties getting wet. “So are you alone? You know shopping for dish detergent can be a very dangerous thing that is for a pretty woman such as your self.”
Oh, no my sister and best friend are waiting for me outside, but it was nice running into you don’t be afraid to give me a call. “well what are you doing tonight I mean I would love to spend the evening with you.”
I was going to stay in the house and maybe do little bit of cleaning and watch a Scar Face movie, if you like you can come over and keep me company. As I was saying this I was still roaming the store looking to see if at any moment a woman was going to come out and scream get away from my husband! “alright what time should I call you?” Eight o’clock is fine. I walked away holding that bottle of dish detergent as though I had just won an Oscar.
© Copyright 2007 Renee (renee214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1215813-The-Moment-I-was-Gone--The-Meeting