*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1216172-disbelief-proved-wrong
by ElfKat
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1216172
a woman manages to live trough an encounter with a vampire(she kills it uniquely)
Chantal shivered at the bite of the cold night air. She pulled her thin black shawl tighter around herself as she quickened her pace. It was creepy out here alone. She wasn’t much of one to put credit to rumors so she didn’t believe the talk of vampires being the reason so many people had disappeared of late, but that didn’t mean it was safe to walk down the streets of Lantiel alone at night. She didn’t really believe in things like vampires and werewolves so she wasn’t scared of walking by herself as she could defend herself against normal human guys.
“don’t you know it’s dangerous for pretty young women to walk alone at night?” a voice whispered huskily in Chantal’s ear.
Chantal jumped. She hadn’t noticed the man come up to her and she was usually good at sensing when someone approached. The man slipped an arm around her waist and whispered again.
“I should walk you home, keep you safe from the creeps that float around here.”
“you’re one of those creeps so let go!” Chantal said, struggling to get out of the man’s iron like grip.
“I don’t think I will, you smell good. Good enough to eat.” the man tipped her head back and lowered his lips to her throat. He licked her neck then chuckled as her attempts to free herself intensified.
“let me go!” Chantal demanded.
The man ignored her words, instead running his hand through her soft, black, curls. But that was a mistake. Chantal hated it when people she didn’t know played with her hair. She lifted her foot and brought it down with all her weight on it. The man yowled when her stiletto high heel crashed onto his booted foot. As the man’s grasp loosened Chantal pushed away from him and ran down the street, intent on getting home as soon as possible.
Suddenly the man stepped out in front of her and she rammed into him, unable to stop so quick. The man grabbed her wrists and twisted them up behind her back, makeing her yelp in turn. He pressed her against him and she could feel a hard bulge press into her abdomen. He leaned his head down to whisper into her ear again.
“I like it when a woman gets fiesty. It makes their blood sweeter.” he bit her ear just hard enough for her to feel his sharp fangs. He laughed as she gave a paniced jerk.
“let go of me you freak!” she yelled. She brought her knee up with all her strength and the man gasped and collapsed to the ground clutching his genitals. Chantal once again took off, running faster than she had ever run in her life. The rumors of vampires were true!

* * *
Mikael’s wolf-like ears twitched as they caught the sound of running and panting. He cast his gaze down at the street below him to see a young woman raceing down it. A man came out of the shadows beside the woman and struck out. The woman went sprawling as the man said something in an angry voice.
Mikael growled softly as the unique scent of vampire wafted up to his sensitive nose. He really did detest it when vampires fed near him.
Suddenly the vampire went to his knees as the woman scooted back. As she struggled to get up the vampire grabbed her neck and flung her across the street into the wall. The woman fell and didn’t move as the vampire told her that that is what happens to those who dare defy a vampire.
Mikael was about to leave when he noticed the woman move. Apparently she hadn’t been killed or nocked unconscious by the throw. That intrigued him, since very few humans could withstand such treament from a vampire. The woman slowly pushed herself up then began to crawl away from the gapping vampire. She had actually gotten a few feet away before he reacted. The vampire picked her up and slamed her into the wall. Mikael dropped down off the roof silently as she cried out. The vampire then held her by the waist and tipped her head back. The woman whimpered as his fangs sunk in. mikael turned away but then decided to take one last glance. He was slightly startled to see that the girl had raised her hand up to the vampires head. What happened next completely took both mikael and the vampire by surprise. The woman had dug her thumb deep into the vampire’s eye. As the vampire howled with pain the woman thrust herself against him. The woman quickly pushed way from him as he collapsed with a mighty jerk.
Mikael stared at the woman. this mortal woman with no training had just killed a vampire with a broken handle of a wooden spoon. He had never heard of anything like this having ever happened before.
Just then the shaking woman crumpled with a groan. Mikael drew close, his curiosity piqued. The woman appeared to have fainted from exhaustion. Now that he could see her clearly, he could see why the vampire had targeted her. She was dressed in a tight fitting, black mini dress so all her soft feminine curves were easily seen. Her raven black hair fell in gentle curls around her catlike features, ending just below her shoulders. Mikael surprised himself by bending down and picking the young woman up. Her sent smelt flowery with a tiny touch of something else in it too, but he couldn’t quite place it.
The woman shifted slightly in his arms. Her hands clenched at his shirt and she shivered. Mikael guessing she was cold decided to take her to his place to rest since he didn’t know where she lived. He set off for home at an easy pace so he wouldn’t wake the woman up. Though she looked younger than he had originally thought.
When he finally arrived at his house, he had to lay the woman on his lap as he fished around his pockets for the front door key. He found it, opened the door and entered. After closing the door silently, mikael went up the stairs to his bedroom. He carefully laid the woman on his bed. She immediately rolled onto her side, sending a wave of smell at mikael. He sneezed, the combination of vampire, blood, and her unique scent irritating his sensitive nose. He rubbed his nose and went to the bathroom to get a wet washcloth. After he had it he gently washed the blood off the woman. That helped make the smell less intense.
As mikael tossed the cloth onto a pile of dirty clothes in the corner of the bathroom, he wondered why he had even brought the female here. He looked over at her as she made a soft crooning sound. Moonlight shone through his window to play across her peaceful face. Something in him stirred. They way she looked illuminated like that reminded him of someone but he couldn’t think of who. He went over to the bed and carefully climbed on it, making sure not to disturb the slumbering woman. The smell of her was stronger this close up. And mikael could see the slight outline of the woman’s panties through the thin layer of her dress. He felt his loins harden. There was definitely something about the female that he found attractive.
Mikael reached out and wrapped his arms around the woman and pulled her to him. The heat of her body felt good next to his own, and he buried his nose in her sweet smelling hair, marveling at how soft and smooth it felt. He knew she would probably freak when she woke up, but he didn’t really care, he always did what he wanted to and right now he wanted to fall asleep holding this woman possessively.

* * * *
© Copyright 2007 ElfKat (princesskadria at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1216172-disbelief-proved-wrong