*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1217135-The-burn
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · War · #1217135
Just some stuff I wrote....
The dew on the grass. Or was it blood I can’t remember, but it was all the same it was wet. I was in my foxhole, as I had been for the last 3 hours. The bombs raining down, the bullets tearing through my men. There was no help for us they ran out of reinforcements. I cried for them. My fallen soldiers, how they died. How they shouldn’t have died. No one deserves that. David, Tim, and Albert, all dead. I couldn’t find Diana; I guess it was just her for her not to die then… I’m glad she didn’t, not there, not on the battlefield.

11:30 P.M December 24, 2003

I left at 11:30 on Christmas Eve. The plane ride there was fun. Me and David played pranks on people all the way there, it was funny. Diana actually laughed. It was great, but when we got the briefing the fun ended. And our jobs began. It was a rush on a base. There were at least 30 entrances we were going to use a tunnel. But as they were dropping all of us (1000 soldiers), the bombs started falling. The bullets started flying and that’s when the massacre started. We rushed towards anything we could find. Which in my case was a foxhole previously dug and I sat there waiting for orders. None were ever issued. So I sat there just waiting it out.

3:30 A.M December 25, 2003

My foxhole covered in something that was wet, blood or water I did not know but it was wet. The bombs and the shots had stopped for about and hour. I had wasted all but my desert eagle on enemies, how many hits I got I wouldn’t know until almost 3 years later. I got up and walked around the tattered land. Blood, bodies, body parts, it was just and endless abyss of death. And that’s when I saw David, or what was left of him. He was still concise. I asked “where are the others” all I got was “Remember me….” I saw Tim not to far from him. He was dead as well as Albert. Both torn to pieces but what seemed to be a bomb or missile. All I could do for them was to take there dog tags and leave. I had to leave this place I didn’t know who was still out there.


4:00 A.M December 25, 2003

They had surrounded me. I had no bullets left nothing to help me not even my knife. I lost it my insanity, my fear, my compassion. I became something other worldly, something inhuman. The blood raged to my eyes it became me. That crimson color of death overcame my wellbeing.

“The Angel of Death will become fear itself. Run, nothing will stop him.”

And I lost it. They all died all 267 soldiers that surrounded me. They were all blown away by some god awful power.
4:45 A.M December 25, 2003

I marched on in this state of insanity. Nothing stood in my way. And in this march of death I came upon a city. Full of lively children. The entire city was decimated all
8, 325 of them nothing was left but a burning pile of rubble. And that’s when it hit me. A tranquilizer dart. David had walked 2 miles to stop my rampage. He shot me and I almost killed him. Then there was another shot, and another, then there was thirty. It was 2 helicopters with snipers in them. They were what had stopped me.


8:30 A.M December 25, 2003

I woke up. It seemed to be a normal day until I found a little note in my hand. I didn’t remember a thing that happened all the death and decimation of all the people. I remember nothing. All I had was the note which stated that my squad had been whipped out. And now a video telling me what had happened.
© Copyright 2007 Evil angel (evilangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1217135-The-burn