*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1217635-a-short-story-and-musings
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1217635
I circumnavigated the universe in my mind. Did I travel trillions of light years or ..
CHAPTER:1

Papa, lets go to the moon… awe come on, the arabs went to mars already!, did you know that? “Now be quiet billy, grandpa's trying to take a nap”. God my head is spinning, thought the man known to Billy as grandpa. There had been rumors that the Arabs on Mars were able to develop a super virus that was not found here on earth. Scientist theorized that the slightly different gravity of Mars enabled the DNA of viruses to replicate quicker. Mars is the only planet in the solar system other than Earth that we have been able to grow viruses.

You see that over a period of 6 years ending in 2016 oil consumption decreased 62% despite a 7% increase in worldwide population. Whole cities around the world went green and oil fell to 4.23 cents a barrel in 2019. The middle east was on the verge of anarchy.


Cold fusion was invented in 2023 just in time for the United Nations to offer the remaining Arab governments something they couldn’t refuse, a fusion powered civilization on Mars. The United Nations actually drafted a document and labeled it a “deed” for Mars. How did the Arabs get their own planet? The Arabs would once and for all condemn terrorizism by a majority vote of OPEC governments and move 75% of their populations to Mars. Why OPEC countries alone were offered this? Because worldwide suicide bombings had begun to increase as fast as the oil price plummeted. In 2019 there was an average of 3214 suicide bombings per day killing an average of 18,456 people per day. Average life spans of people who lived till death went down because of the fear. 1.5 billion  Muslims were demanding to be heard and the message was “ it does not matter the methods Allah asks us to perform to keep our heritage intact, what matters is that these holy orders are carried out”. A UN resolution was passed that allowed the whole middle east to be bombed using nuclear weapons.

A german scientist won the Nobel Prize in 2023 for coming up with the Idea of giving the Arabs mars in exchange for peace. The nobility was able to sell the idea to the masses by offering Arabs and Persians one  free trip per family. During the day the family could see how similar mars' landscape was to thier own arabian desert. Also, at night the earth looked only half as large and  the moon looks to us, and it is an unbelievable blue green color.


Mars had supported life for 30 years by the time all of this went down, it had become the largest tourist destination in the history of travel.  People reported that the sun shone much brighter than on earth. Actually it turned out to be only 16% brighter.

You see that it was discovered in 2012 that under about 100 yards of red rock there was a 2 mile thick layer of ice covering 42% of mars. This water was the only thing needed to start a colony. The more intense sunlight grew plants taller, increasing the yields of farm crops. Also in 2010 there was a breakthrough in solar cell technology that increased the energy producing solar panel by a little over 2000%. Solar cars which have the solar cells that are like a skin, giving the marscars ( I know the name is a little corny) a kind of strange purple green color that shifted in the light. All of this made Mars the grand success of the solar system. We got away from the atmosphere problem by building  much of the cities underground. Huge computerized digging machines each with what looked like arms, at the end of these arms was a 3 ton metal  ball covered in diamond tipped spikes. The only viable option for the quantum computer was the invent of the trydigger. To make a long story short, the trydigger is a nuclear powered under ground digging machine. The quantum computer aboard used a simple algorithm to direct the nuclear powered digger. The end result is that 3 underground cities were dug in 8 months. 8123 tunnels each over  a quarter mile in lenthg were dug for each city. A thee dimensional map of the tunnel schematic looks oddly like a giant snowflake.



.

CHAPTER:2

Ever since the 3-d virtual reality contact lense was invented I did not know if I wanted a virtual life or a real one. Both had its advantages! Many had gone virtual and loved it, but Earl knew it had not been proven safe instinctively.. It seems that when the computing power of Deep Blue 14 surpassed the 100 trillion calculations per second mark, computers began to take on real intelligence. These computers are what allowed people to go virtual. Thanks to nanotechnology hairthin wires could be taken to various places in the brain by microscopic robots. It seems odd that a microscopic nano-robot could “tow” a hair-thin wire to a specific place in the brain, but it is true.

For the first time in history a human brain could be directly connected to a super-computer using nano-wires that were 94 times smaller in diameter than a human hair. A permanent contact lense replaced the human retina and the deep blue 14 would  generate wave intererence patterns that would hit the optic nerve. A computer was actually generating a semingly real experience using the  same technology that creates holograms..Lasers and mirrors.

I thought, why must I wait 3 weeks before going online with my new arm? " You will have to wait 3 weeks sir before you go online with the new arm" " The artificial nerves that were placed in your head today will take 3 weeks to develop a mucus membrane that  is capable of insulating the nerve during transmission of signal In other words, just dont get near a microwave or a microwave emitting device for 3 weeks. The artitificial nerves are that delicate and will disintigrate inside your skull if you get near a microwave source, are we clear sir?" "Yes we are clear" Damn I thought what am I going to have to do to stay away from a microwave source... go to mars?

Chapter 3:

"Ok Billy, said grandpa "Lets go. it will be fun, besides I have never left earth!" " Cool, can we go on the next shuttle? It leaves in 2 days" said Billy.

I will  have to call Niel to get my clearance back, thought grandpa.
somehow the memories of murder and mayhem had faded, it was all a dull grey now. Black ops is what I did and I enjoyed it. Poisoning a man that you befriended for over a year one of the least gruesome things that I had done. When we were young a three hundred thousand dollar expense account could buy your way into any european social scene. On my first job I worked in the kitchen of a french golf club long enough to meet the daughter of my mark. I spend 6 months seducing her while getting promoted to bar manager in the club her father frequented. I told her that I was a mormon and that we did not have premarital sex. I then teased her with promises of passion. We were engaged five months and six days after the day I arrived. Six days after the announcement, I was envited by my future father in law to a hunting lodge in the country. My mark was surprised to see the amount of gear I showed up with, I told him that I thought we were going camping, or at least thats what the message said. He said that was ok he had guns for both of us, and that I could camp in the woods outside the  lodge if I liked.

The lodge was only eighty seven miles from liverpool, but the roads were in bad shape on the way up there. About half way to the lodge the truck learched and the lights went dim in the remote hilly country north of liverpool. "Oh shit", said Loyd."Did you have a full charge?" I said. "yes I had a full charge"
"watch out old man youll get us in that ditch"
"Stop telling me what to do! Im driving"
"Well giving it gas is not going to help the battery, it had to be the battery, look at the way the lights are flickering"
"Look, will you be quiet for one second"
"It it not helping to give it gas"
"Ok, Ok Im stopping, its like something is  draning power look at the way the lights are flickering"
"Thats what Ive been saying"
"Well call a tow truck"
Loyds hands dropped from the steering wheel.
"I cant call a tow truck I have no cell phone on me"
"What do you mean you dont have a cell phone, I thought all Europeans had mobile phones, just like in america"
The blood had drained from loyds face, and his hands were visibly shaken.
" I have a phone, and it is a stupid rule, but the founding members of the club voted 3 years ago to ban cell phones from the hunt camp premises, most of the members cheated and used them. Then one charasmatic founding member of our club talked the rest into voting on the measure around a campfire. He went into this tear and sweat filled plea to ban cell phones from the club once and for all. He weeped because he said the hunt club was his last chance to hold onto something pure. He said that our world had become artificial and that it hurt our soul to be away from the  woods. Within a month all electricity and gas was cut off to the club, and we were back to a very primitive hunt camp. The changes were great, and some of the members went to only using primitive weapons and even dressing in buffalo skins". I just dont bring my cell phone because nobody else does"

"Well its ten oclock, there is a good chance that another car wont come by, I have my camping gear"
"Ok, lets make camp."

The newspaper article stated that Loyd Green had gone on a hunting trip with a friend, and after thier vehicle broke down, Loyd went for help and was found with multiple snake bites on his body. A coroner noted that thier were 18 bites on the body and that Loyd must have wandered into the woods and got into a nest of european asps.

The device that was supplied to me to kill Loyd Green was a typical "black ops" toy. It took me over 60 hours to perfect the speed and angle and twist of my wrist in order to inflict a wound that looked exactly like a snakebite. Had the bites not passed the test, it would have led to my cover being blown and the operation being compromise. You might wonder why all this care was taken during the hit on Loyd Green? Loyd had saved the Queen of England from falling off of a horse 41 years ago and had used that contact to become a 33rd degree mason. The United States Government had found out that a Saudi Prince had been paying Lloyd 25 million dollars per year so that a bug could be placed in bathroom of a run down 3 room masonic temple in the suburbs of England.

Oh, and the person that gave the fiery speech around the  campfire had been an undercover agent for Scottland Yard for 16 years and had never participated in any operation before giving his talk. But thats how the Brittish did it, they would plant a "sleeper agent" in an important organization and sometimes not utilize this asset for years. Then it would be possible to use the agent in a supporting role as to not blow thier cover as in the case of the man that proposed the new rule at the country club.

End

It was discovered in 2026 that alien space craft did exist and they were here quantum-ly, quantumy is a word that was invented to describe the fact that the aliens had figured out how to move a space craft faster than the speed of light by in the same way that an electron moves though space. The space craft was in two places at once. Both millions of light years away and near earth.


I was asked by someone I meet to go to the church of scientology in Atlanta, I went there and a woman asked me “why don’t you just make it a lifetime membership? A lifetime membership is only 3000 dollars.” I said will that membership last for a trillion years or do I have to buy a new one in my next life? It seems that scientologist believe that we each have numerous past lives.

It is a little amazing that my fingers are producing these squiggly lines that are interpreted by your brain to be ideas, isn’t it?

What is it about writing that is so liberating? I wrote a letter to one of my relatives criticizing some other relatives. The letter was bitterly sarcastic and cruel. It  would really hurt the feelings of some of my loved ones. I did not send the letter, but just articulating my frustration was unbelievably therapeutic. No one will ever know the contents of the letter, but I oddly feel like I was acknowledged!





Does the average paid motivational speaker say anything that is remembered 3 days after its over?
Whats this obsession with the way people look?  I think one of the problems with the west and the muslim street is that we look so different.


Im a fool, but only a genius can realize this about himself!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if the reason that a baby instinctively cries a lot when born is so that the lungs can get a workout.

I  turned on the news and I was glad that the top story was not international, I was glad that a cop shot a suspected grocery store robber.

All of these things I have said here seem to bear no relation to each other, however just like the majic eye 3 d picture, these thoughts and Ideas will majically form a picture out of thin air.



Ive got this now, I  don’t know where it came from, it just showed up (pointing to bicept).

I starred in a new reality show where I as a diplomat of the United States go over and do a reality show, live like a muslim with ame grow a beard, pray in the mosque. Dress and live like an Muslim cleric and film it. Then on the last show put ame on the spot and make him live for 1 month as an American and have it filmed. Have the filming of todd and ame driving away alone in a speed boat to an Island and then Todd takes the boat to a deserted Island and unloads the gear. Todd blows up the boat and the only GPS device that tracks them. B.t. and ame are now alone on an Island and no one knows where they are at, they film themselves living robinson crusoe style together, each helping scratch out existence. It is discovered that ame is great at finding driftwood to build the hut, he has a knack for knowing the right type of wood for the job, bt knows how to use cut pieces of cloth to make hut walls that are equal in length and sturdy.

The man who lived inside a hologram.


At once love and hate merge and you feel a love that could only come  from seeing the object of your hate fall. At once you realize that you never really hated the person, you only loved them too much.

In 12 hours my grandmothers dog peed in my house 4 times. A spritz  here, a spritz there.


Living in the south has its advantages, how many people who lived in other parts of the country can say that they meet a man named crowbar? I also meet his cousin “wingnut”.

Opportunity or stability which do you want more?

Im sure that someone has mentioned something about the dark side of love??? Love, being like a drug seduces a party to try ever so subtle forms of attempted control. The offending party may not even realize what is going on.

Are words somehow, like interference patterns, I mean quantum interference. They both only exist at one point in time and they can be described as existing in “vector space”.

A long while ago a great warrior faced a situation which made it necessary for him to make a decision which insured his success on the battlefield. He was about to send his armies against a powerful foe, whose men greatly outnumbered his own. He loaded his soldiers into boats, sailed to the enemy’s country, unloaded his soldiers and equipment, then gave the order to burn the ships that carried them. Addressing his men before the first battle, he said, “You see those boats going up in smoke. That means we cannot leave these shores alive unless we win! We now have no choice – we win – or we perish!

They won.

Every person who wins at any undertaking must be willing to burn his bridges and cut all sources of retreat. Only by so doing can one be sure of maintaining that state known as a burning desire to win, essential to success.”

Napoleon Hill – Think and  Grow Rich - pg. 16

Was generation x like the “premature ejaculation” of the baby boomer generation?.  You see the current generation y hitting the work place with great skills, but not the experience


I  wonder why the company named their wireless earpiece for cell phones “ blue tooth”? It is such a strange image, has anyone ever had one of their teeth to turn blue??

I went and meditated at the monastery.

In the old days a man could saranade a woman outside her bedroom at night, now we have stalking laws.

To be or not to be, that is the question.

What conquest bring he home, what tributaries follow to Rome to grace in captive bonds his chariot wheels.

I knew my sexlife was bad when I looked at the only condom I had and it had expired in 2003. How does a condom expire? I decided to try the condom on the first girl that I had sex with. It did not fall apart when I stuck it in her, but I noticed this morning a strange itching sensation


The only advantage in my opinion about having a bad short term memory that is shot is that sometimes I will be in  a bad mood and I will forget that I  am in a bad mood and all of the sudden be in a good mood.


I don’t know about you, but one of the neatest things about being a kid was straightening out a coat hangar and pushing it into  the hole on the bedroom door and opening it.

What is more shocking: a nurse gagging an orphan baby so that she does not have to hear the baby cry, or the fact that someone’s heart has been damaged to the point that they could do this without any guilt?



I was on the phone with a tech support person from my cell service. He kept talking about how tiny the bluetooth radio transmitter was in my cell phone, he was like “its so so tiny, you wouldn’t believe how tiny it is.” I just wanted to say, I really don’t give a damn how tiny the receiver is it does not work if the phone is in my pocket!




Write story about seemingly retarded kid who is befriended by  his pizza hut manager, and the manager mentors him until this seemingly retarded kid becomes the CEO of a fortune 500 company. The now ex-pizza hut manager mentors the seemingly retarded kid behind the scenes the whole time directing many of his moves via a satellite phone and tiny camera attached to his glasses. Everyone thought that Dale was hard of hearing too, but little did everyone know that he had an earpiece and a hidden advantage.

The strangest thing that I ever seriously contemplated is related to something I read. I read a book about near death experiences, and in the book one person described their whole life flashing before their eyes, and it was not sped up, but in normal time. I then had the thought, what if I am already dead and my life is flashing before my eyes right now??

I circumnavigated the universe in my mind, but did I go trillions of light years or did I just go in a 6 inch circle inside my skull? Does in matter? Does the concept of distance have any real significance in an infinite universe? The truth is that my fingers are the same distance from these keyboard keys as they are to the moon.

Can a pet take the place of human companionship? I told my grandmother, who is another dog lover that I  left my dog home alone all day while I was at work and she asked me with a straight face “ do you leave the TV” on for her?”. This really struck me as funny.

When your single and you live alone, you can wipe a bugger anywhere.

The more a person uses the word “actually” the less I believe him.


To the farmer coming home from a trade show after being out of town for a couple of days, the smell of cow shit is a joyous occasion, since a lot of times a sickness among the herd can be detected by a change in dung odor.



I was watching a commercial about a prostate medication and the announcer said “ side effect include temporary low flow” Tomorrow I am going to call my boss and say “ yeah I am going to be out of work today, I have temporary low flow”




Every time you grow there are growing pains, people in your life have a haunting feeling that you are not the same person that you were just a few months ago.




I made love to the idea

It’s a catch 22 because when you put it in writing there is a record, how can I say that I don’t remember if I wrote it???

© Copyright 2007 twillis101 (betoddwillis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1217635-a-short-story-and-musings