*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218039-Heartwood
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1218039
When love first began a very long time ago.
Once long ago there was no love. Far across the universe a being much like us planted a seed. The seed grew into a treeling. When it's caretaker stroked its tiny little fronds it felt loved and grew. In return it gave love to the creature that cared for it. Later that day the caretaker touched another of its own kind and the love spread again. Love spread like ripples in a pond traveling from one life form to another from one galaxy to the next. Sometimes the love would travel on a microscopic piece of dust. Other times it would hurl through space on an asteroid. As the love spread the tree grew and grew. Each ring of the trees heartwood represents a new world touched by love. It is tall, strong and impervious to diseases. It's bark is tough as steel.

So if you are ever feeling unloved, do something nice: plant a seed, help a neighbor, volunteer, or just listen to a friend.
© Copyright 2007 Beach Rat (beachratzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218039-Heartwood