*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218506-Criminal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Drama · #1218506
An interesting story I would think.
The sun shone from his head. She shielded her eyes from the dazzling light. Natalie advanced hurriedly and met Rich.

‘”We have something to discuss,” stated Natalie urgently.

“Well there better be - I didn’t come all the way out here for nothing” he replied lazily.

“Let’s go somewhere to talk,” said Natalie, “In the shade - if only those clouds could cover that blasted sun.”

The two moved off into the shrubbery, covered almost wholly by trees and enveloped in shade they continued their conversation.

“We both know what has happened to my husband and, before you say anything, I just want to say that I don’t blame you for it. But for now I have a preposition, a business preposition,” She said, “You know what I’m talking about”

A sudden wind blew cool then cold air at them.

Rich mused for a whiled then started slowly “Yes, yes well at last. So I’ll send a guy to pick it up in the morning. Perhaps we should get home it’s becomes chilly and they get suspicious. I don’t trust this place one bit. It’s gone from hot to icy in minutes and look at those branches they’re so... I don’t know...”

“I’m with you there; let’s just get out of here!” Natalie cut in desperately over a loud thunderclap.

As they tumbled frantically from the undergrowth an unsurprised, commanding voice boomed from underneath a blue cap: “You won’t be able sweet talk your way out this time. I think you two better come down to the office with me.”
© Copyright 2007 Cheese with benefits (mittens at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218506-Criminal