*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218660-Earths-Angels
by Terrin
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1218660
A story about how a mans heart was cured by the goodness of children.
Mr. Hatter hung his hat upon his hat rack and stepped inside his office. The warm scent of cooked apples hung in the air and he peered into his secretary's office. She was heating up an apple cobbler warm and fresh from the bakery down the street. she noticed him and jumped. "why...Mr. Hattter, i didn't know you were coming this early." She hurridly put the apple cobbler away and sat down ready to work. She handed him a file. "this just came from the constable..." "yes yes..been expecting that.." He muttred and he took it and read the case. "hmph." he said and strolled toward his desk, "looks like those darn kids on mullberry street are at it again. Thinking that forest destained to be Ace's department store should be left alone." "Now mr. hatter," commented his secretary, "perhaps they care about the comunity?" she said hoping to grasp his attention. "i don't give a damn about those kids and i never will" he scoffed. Well work went by and as he was walking by, he noticed a trail leading into the woods. He decided to follow it, because he was bored, and wanting good dirt on the kids strode off. He walked awhile and came to a grove. It was beautiful green and heavenly, the robins chirped, and there was a creek running by. Then he noticed a doll inside a notch in the tree. Then he made out a rocking chair made of saplings, a prentend stove, and, the woods it seemed, were almost like a village. Then his eyes and ears heard movement behind him. He jumped around. Perhaps the store wanted to get a head start for suddenly trees were felled. he watched almost as if he was in a nightmare as the childrens homes were ruined. His mouth agape he walked home, only to stop to greet rover, his loyal dog. That night he dreamt of angels dancing upon the ground, laughing playing, and having a good time playing ball. When he went back to his case the next morning, he saw children laughing and playing like in his dreams, in the school yard. In fact it was so much like his dream he did a double take. Once at his office, he ordered a case to defend the children. A year later a park was built, and the park was named, 'hatter park" And many years afterward, he dreamt and helped, the angels on earth, the pure and the blessed.
© Copyright 2007 Terrin (iraboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218660-Earths-Angels