*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1219784-A-Story
by Silver
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #1219784
What is a story?
A Story

What is a story? This is something most don’t think about, for we all know aht a story is…or do we? Do we really know what a story is, or do we just think we do? It’s just a tid bit for your brain to chew on, but really, what is a stry?

Is it what we call fantasy, when the prince comes and rescues the pretyy princess in the tallest tower from the dragon, and then live happily after? Or is it horror; when your worst nightmare comes true and is out to kill you in reality instead of your mind?

What do you think a story is? I know what I think one is; but should I tell you, and would you care? Maybe you would, or mabe you wouldn’t care that I think a story is a piece of writing or oral talk, that weaves a story inside your head and allows you to dream with your eyes wide open. Painting a plot, and adding characters to the highly detailed part of a master piece that they have been working on, and are showing you. It should transport you to another world, or another time, letting you leave your life, and step into the shoes of someone else’s. You see through someone else’s eyes, breathe through their nose, and talk with their voice. They take you someplace else instead of where you are. Anywhere…everywhere.

A story could be what you tell your mother about when you come home from schoool. When you tell her how silly, funny or idiotic your friends have been acting, or how your grades are. Anything that tells something from a perspective of someone else’s.

And when you see that new world in your head, you have been told a story. It may have been short, or it may have been long, but a story non the less.

So what do you think of the story I have woven for you. If it truly is a story. Is it?
© Copyright 2007 Silver (fingertone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1219784-A-Story