*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1220283-A-Dream-of-Angels
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Inspirational · #1220283
A dream may be the greatest blessing recieved.
During the course of my life time twice I have dreamed of Angels visiting me with messages.
These dreams are filled with wonder and at the same time some sadness too, because I can only remember so much and the rest is lost.
Though my dreams of Angels have proved themselves to be a great comfort to me they also happen to be a terrible burden to bear.
Since they are a foretelling of things to come.
Times which are filled with bad trials and hardships difficult to withstand.
Of the two dreams I will share with you, this one was sweet beyond compare.

It was in the afternoon as I was walking next door to my little sister's house. It was late summer's day and the heat was oppressive.
I could hear the song of numerous hot bugs sawing away in the distance.
I watched my feet carry me over the uneven footing on the garden path as I passed near the fig tree by the driveway.
I do not know my dream's errand only the sense that it was important and it fed my need to see her.
When I was suddenly surrounded by flock of huge white birds who shimmered with the glow of a pearl.
The air was filled with wings and brilliant golden light.
I spun quickly around seeing only the many wings with their long flight feathers as they fanned the area around me and I became confused.
To look upon their faces was impossible because that was the center where the light was the brightest.
My visitors where six angels wearing soft white robes tied at the waist with cords.
I cannot tell you how old or who was male or female in the group.
Their wings where huge and shaped as swans.
I do not know why the imagery of swans comes to me now as I think back on the dream.
Perhaps, it is because the image of swans in their natural environment holds a graceful serenity for me.
My angels where a tall people with wings that towered over everything as they came close and embraced me.
They spoke to me using quiet words of comfort that pierced my heart.
Alas, I wish I could remember the very words they spoke.
How safe I felt!
How great the feeling of belonging to be held so, gave me!
I do remember this, they told me I would be protected and that they watched.
As they wrapped their arms and wings around me and held me near to their hearts.
I was hugged and I held on so tight and so close that I buried my face against the Angel's breast whose essence was male crying as a forlorn child is comforted by its father.
I still feel the echos of that love to this day.
Now, I will state the truth to you.
The times that followed where thrice damned and destroying to my health and sanity for a while.
This dream was the lone rope I had to reach me in the pit of depression I fell into.
I know now that it was the rope my loved ones used to find me.
I was protected, I was watched and I was saved.
Now I will tell you something I did see about the angels.
They wore epaulets in bars of brilliant color on their wings.
I believe they where ranks of honor.
This is but a moment that foretold an event horizon in my life.
It was a marvelous thing.
© Copyright 2007 Slippery Silk (prussianblue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1220283-A-Dream-of-Angels