*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1220743-The-Swami-is-in
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1220743
A story of analysis
He knows all and sees all.

You can test the veracity of this by answering the questions in the following story and sending them in the blank review box below or by private email.

Be as detailed as you possibly can since the Swami needs this to delve into your innermost being. One line answers can NOT penetrate through the Swami's intense concentration and will have to be ignored.

The lights are dimming, the room is quiet, and we are ready to begin.

** Image ID #1220767 Unavailable **


You begin by walking through a forest down a long pathway. Please describe the forest, the trees, lighting, time of day, weather, and anything else about the forest that comes to mind. The Swami has said to tell you, “Since you are a writer, I ask you to use as many adjectives and adverbs as you want. Any so-called purple prose is helpful.” As you write down your thoughts about this forest on a blank e-mail form, I’ll wait.
*
*
*
Finished? Let’s continue with your journey. Walking deeper into the forest, you come across a tree in which is stuck a key. Describe the key, its condition, and what do you do with the key. Again I’ll sit quietly while you write down your thoughts about the key.
*
*
*
Next, even further in your forest, you hear faint growls way off in the distance. As you try to figure out what the animal is, you almost trip over a bowl in the middle of the pathway. Don’t pick it. I repeat, do not pick it up. All I want you to do is describe what is the bowl made of, the shape and condition of it, and how long you think it might have been there? Take your time as you write down this information. I’m willing to wait since I learned patience from the Swami. He’s often spends hours sitting cross-legged staring out at the distant mountains.
*
*
*
You done? Good. You now continue down the pathway, leaving the bowl where you found it. That growling you first heard off in the distance seems much closer. Turning a corner, you see a large, brown bear only a few yards away off on your right side. It’s standing up on its hind legs, growling and pawing at the air. What do you do? Come on, tell the truth. How do you react when the bear gets down on all four and takes a step toward you? Oh, did I mention you can’t go back the way you came?
*
*
*
No matter what you did, that ferocious animal didn’t eat you. Leaving the bear behind, let me reword that since you probably don’t want to have a bear behind. With the bear no longer is view, that sounds better, you keep walking and finally reach the end of the pathway. In front of you is a high wall. I mean it is so high you can’t see the top. It appears made of the same wood as the trees in your forest. You look to the right to see if you can walk around the wall, but all that’s there is the endless wooden wall. The same sight is on your left. Since you can’t go to the left or right, you realize you must go over the structure to get out of your forest. Luckily you spot a rope ladder handing down from the wall, and you move to stand on the first wooden crosspiece.

Your first few steps up are tentative because your legs are tired from all that walking. You also are gasping for breath after the terrifying encounter with the bear. Slowly you make your way up the ladder, step by agonizing step. Your legs do begin to strengthen the higher you go, and your breathing improves. You climb higher and higher with the pathway no longer visible below. When you finally stop for a few minutes to look down, you notice all you can see is the leafy, green canopy made by the hundreds of treetops.

After what seems ages, you reach the top of the wall and look over to the other side. What do you see? This important question is the last one the Swami will ask you. Take your time and use all your senses to describe what is on the other side of the wall.

Now, keep the Swami busy with your long emails. He will then let you know what you are like, to the best of his ability, with the help of J. A. Buxton now and then.






© Copyright 2007 J. A. Buxton (judity at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1220743-The-Swami-is-in