*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221295-Sweet-Passion
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Other · #1221295
This is my compare and contrast essay of two people!

Sweet Passion
         I am a Military Brat.  Ever since I can remember I have been moved from place to place, each one leaving a lasting impressions with me.  I have nothing but memories of most of the places I have been.  The hardest thing for me has always been leaving those who I care about.  I don’t think I can even count how many friends I have had growing up, though they all left foot prints in my heart.  One thing I do know is that two of my many friends will be with me for the rest of my life, if only in my thoughts and in the numerous joyful reunions we will share.  Gaby and Elizabeth are complete opposites in almost every way possible.  Still they touched me, cared for me, helped me, and most importantly made who I am today.
         Sweet Gaby is probably the nicest person I have ever met.  She was raised in an old fashioned household.  Family values are extremely important to her, and she has many rules at home she must follow.  Even at the ripening age of 19 she still was not allowed out past 1:00 am.  Gaby is an excellent chef, for she spent many afternoon preparing meals for her family, who work till late in the evening.  Friday night movie trips with mom and dad are never missed in her world.  Gaby is a strong and vital part of holding together her small family.
         As a result of her upbringing Gaby is a very conservative person.  She is shy and if you do not listen closely to what she says you might miss a word or two; not that she talks much in the first place.  People like Gaby, for I don’t think she has ever said anything mean in her life. Her shyness hinders her from any real contact with boys; she is very attractive in fact she is quite stunning.  Yet just the sight of males makes her quiver, and the thought of approaching one will make her well formed cheeks turn a bright red color.  If she is confronted with a man who noticed her, the interview is cut short after he notices that all her perky lips can manage to let out are a few “mhhmms” and ´”oh´s”. 
         Gaby and I spent many nights going to the movie theaters or simply enjoying films at home.  Shopping sprees and relaxed nights eating ice cream and talking about girly things favor her leisure time more than wild nights out in the town.  She has never even tasted an alcoholic beverage in her life and even the mention of her ever being drunk strikes her as absurd. Sweet Gaby is just a very chilled and controlled “good girl”.  I have yet to witness a single wild bone in her petite body.
         Wild child Miss Elizabeth, or Lizy as I fancy to call her, is the most outgoing and fun person I have ever met in my life.  Yes she loves her family but if you asked her about her family values she would simply just shrug.  Her mother is a great woman, but raised Lizy alone. And her stubborn personality must have made it hard for her mom to control her. She is a rebellious girl if I ever saw one.  Spending time with family to her is coming home to take a shower and eat a TV dinner before heading back out the real world.  Of course giving her mom a kiss and grabbing that 20 dollar bill out of moms hand at the same time was also part of the trip to the house.
         Lizy is very strong minded and almost always gets her way.  She can also be very manipulative and at times her strong mindedness makes her a tad bit annoying.  Opening her mouth will result in hearing loss if you happen to be to close to her.  Getting attention is defiantly on her top priority list.  Many people miss understand her therefore some people really don’t like her. She is competition and a threat to have around if u are not friendly with her. If you don’t want to hear that “yes you look fat in that outfit”, she is defiantly not the girl to ask about her opinion about that new $100 outfit you just bought. Her honesty has left people bruised in the soul. 
         Elizabeth is also an extremely attractive young lady.  She has no problem with men; in fact men have problems with her.  Approaching a man and letting him know that she thinks he is fly is no problem for her what so ever.  The 1 out of 10 times she is rejected, she brushes off her hurt feelings and moves on to the next candidate.  She has a tendency to get bored with a man and kick him to the curb, leaving behind many broken hearts and the proof that men’s crying is not a myth.
         Thursday through Monday Lizy and I would spend partying and living up our young lives.  Worrying about the future or how to get gas money was always on the plan for next week.  Club after club and drink after drink would consume all of our energy.  Sometimes not even knowing how we would get home or where we actually were at.  Being friends with adventurous Lizy was the best and most wasted time of my life.
         These two girls have the most differentiating personalities and composure imaginable.  Yet they share common factors that also make them great human beings.  Intelligence has never been a problem for them, for they are both extremely smart and hearty at doing their work.  Having different night life interest did not stop us from enjoying quality time together.  Going out to eat at fancy restaurants has always been something we all three really enjoyed, spending hours laughing and being silly.  Taking road trips to foreign places and exploring new territory has also interested our trio, enabling great memories on the way. 
         Every person has problems of course. I have had my share of them over the past few years.  The only two people I find myself running to are Gaby and Elizabeth.  Their kind words and gentle hugs remind that I will get past the turmoil and the pain.  They are sympathetic and so attentive when I need them to listen and give me the feed back I long for.  Over the years I have learned that both will always help me understand this crazy world.  Gaby and Lizy are here lending me their shoulder and their hands to wipe away my elephant tears. Great teachers they are, teaching me value of life and the will of holding on.  No difference in the world could take that comfort from me. If they are beside me or across the world, holding on to every word I speak, they love me as I love them. For they have completed me, each one a part of my own self.  Different as they are there would be no me without my sweet Gaby and my passionate Lizy.
© Copyright 2007 Dchica85 (dchica85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221295-Sweet-Passion