*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221296-The-Chronicles-of-Navarro-The-Preface
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1221296
Preface. Where good and evil is unrecognized and twisted into eachother. Medieval times.
Preface

As the great doors burst open, the usual happy and chatty ambiance became dead silent, except for the yelling of “King” coming from the reason of the silence. The king looked up from his chicken leg in mid-bite at what had caused this untimely disturbance. Seeing two men dressed in the guard’s uniform, he stared at them with aged blue eyes, which were a shade darker than usual, and his mouth slightly open, and his body leaning towards his food. Sitting up, as the guards ran over to the end of the great table. Huffing and gasping for air from their run from the front gates to the dinning room, and the shouting, they handed the king a parcel that was wrapped in a blood red ribbon.

The king frowned quizzically at it. Dropping his chicken leg to the plate, not saying anything, he finally opened his mouth which was still full of slightly chewed meat. “What must the reason of such importance that it must bring my guards shouting for me and disturbing my feast?” he questioned the second of the two guards. Before a reply could be heard he snatched the parcel from the first guard’s hand and quickly undid the ribbon, unrolling the parcel and mumbling it out loud only to the people right next to him. At first his eyes were filled with rage and hatred; once the parcel was halfway read, his eyes quickly became filled with trouble, disbelief, worry, and freight. Dropping his hands holding the parcel to his lap, his eyes staring at nothing and everything while his brain tried to fully understand what this meant.

His guests looked at him, sensing the room was beginning to become uneasy, shifting around as if trying to gain his attention for an explanation. The king looked to his right side, where the queen sat next to him who, in turn, looked at him with the question she wanted to ask written on her face. Without knowing, the king shot up from the chair and called for his guards, who were stationed right outside of room.

As the guards rushed in, the room began to fill with talking– not happy, but curious. As guests asked their neighbors who asked their neighbors the same question of what was happening, the king scoffed and silence took over once more. Clearing his throat, he began to speak in a loud, boisterous tone. “I am sorry to say, but because of an important current event, I will have to sadly end this feast early and ask everyone to leave. Thank you for coming,” ending with a smile to ensure them that nothing was wrong.

Once the guest were gone he called upon his best knights and ordered them to watch over the princess. After they dispatched, he glanced down at his hand, which was still holding the parcel, recalling what it wrote:

We, the Kingdom of Varres, are planning on taking your precious princess, seeing that we do not have one of our own. We send you this warning so you may put up a fight against us. Not many will do so, so lets hope you will try harder then the others.

         Yours truly,
                             King Relbeek the Second of Varres


_____________________________________________________________________

Hey. This is my first story that I have posted on this place, so I am sorry if I didn't do things wrong. I hope it’s not that bad. I might have a few grammar errors, but.. I tried, right? >>; Thank you, and tell me what’s wrong, and how to fix it.
© Copyright 2007 Keebler (thekeeblerelf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221296-The-Chronicles-of-Navarro-The-Preface