*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221321-Brookes-Bash
by Jewels
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1221321
The story of a party and two snowmen falling in love
Brooke’s Bash


         It was December 15, 1996.  Angel, Maya, Antonia, Beth, Megan, Leo, and I were having a sleepover at my house, or as we like to call it the Winter Wonder House. We decided we wanted to build a snowwoman.  So we went outside. We rolled the three balls of snow, got a hat, a scarf, arms, a nose, eyes, a mouth, buttons and a broom and put them on her. We named her Brooke.
          We put the hat on last and to our surprise she became real! We started to play hide and seek.  We played it for a long time. Then we played tag. We had lots of fun with Brooke. All of a sudden she got sad. Leo asked her why she was sad.  She said nothing for a long, long while. But then she said  “ Why? I have nobody to love.”  We tried and tried to cheer her up.  We told her jokes and we played with her. That made her a little happier. 

         We jumped, we ran, we screamed but it still did not make her happy. We were cold so we went in for food and cocoa. It was good.  We took some out to Brooke but she said “ No, Thank you. It is hot and I will melt. Then I had an idea.  “ Let’s build a snow man.” I said. “ A snow man will be company for her.  She can care for him and love him. Maybe they will get engaged.”  I giggled.  My friends thought this was funny but Brooke thought it was a good idea so we rolled the balls and got everything we needed. When we were finished building him we named him Jake.

         My friends and I went inside and got ready for bed.  In the middle of the night we heard music.  We went to the window and saw lots  of  snow people dancing, laughing and having a party    Brooke and Jake fell in love and they danced all night.


                                            The End
© Copyright 2007 Jewels (sweetsissy2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221321-Brookes-Bash