*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221848-With-this-Knife
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1221848
What can you do when everyone wants you dead? [.Hack//SIGN ff]
With This Knife

"....why don't you leave...no one wants you here...."

"...stop ruining our lives...."

"....we were only friends with you out of pity...."

"....why don't you go die...."

Tsukasa looked at Mimiru, Subaru, Bear, BT, Sora, and Crim with tears running down the sides of his face, "...you don’t...you don't mean that....you can't....you just can't..."

Mimiru walked forward and shoved him back, "....why would we want to be friends with someone that’s not even real...."

Looking at the ground He shook his head... "...I am real....I...I am...I am real...."

I let myself fall into a lie

I let my walls come down

I let myself smile and feel alive

I let my walls come down

No matter how I try I don't know why

You push so far away

You wrapped your hands tight around my heart

and squeezed it full of pain

Subaru stared at him and smirked, "....is that true?....then where is your real body....you don't even know what you are...or what you want....you are nothing...."

Bear sighed while crossing his arms over his chest, "....I had such high hopes for you....you really are a disappointment...."

".....I...I'm sorry...."

Jumping forward Sora put his kataras up to the gray haired wavemaster's neck, "....you know we only wanted you around so we would be able to get the Key of the Twilight....we haven't been able to find it at all so we really don't need you anymore....you are nothing now....you have no purpose....."

BT put her staff out in front of her and pointed it to him, "....you were only a tool so we could further advance in our goals...."

Leaning against his spear Crim looked right into Tsukasa's eyes, "...that is true....with your help we have gotten stronger....now there really is no use for you...."

Falling onto his knee's Tsukasa put his hands on the ground while a small puddle of tears formed on the drop's hit, "....n-no...I.... am not some kind of tool...I am....I am something....I do have a real body....and....and I do...I do have a purpose...."

With this knife I'll cut out the part of me

the part that cares for you

with this knife I'll cut out the heart of me

the heart that cares for you

Tsukasa sat down on inside of the church in Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground. Tears still ran down his eyes as he pulled his knees up to his chest, "...I was a fool....how could I ever believe that they wanted to be my friends...they just wanted to use me...just to get the Key of the Twilight...they never cared about me at all...I let them get close to me...and they hurt me...I...I cared about them...a-and they did this...they betrayed me..."

Tears again began to slowly roll down the Tsukasa's cheeks as he sobbed, "...I...I knew...I knew I couldn't trust anyone...I knew it...I knew....I...wont go near anyone ever again....I wont...I wont."

Out of the corners of his eyes Tsukasa saw a blade and slowly grabbed it with his hand shaking, "...o-one of the Twinblade weapons that I found in the dungeon....maybe its true what they said.....I-I don't have a purpose....I don't have a meaning for living...."

I can't believe the way you took me down

I never saw the pain

coming in a million broken miles

like poison in my veins

With his hands still shaking Tsukasa slowly brought the knife up to the front of his face and watched in fascination how the light reflected out of the cold steel. The tears kept slowly running down his face as he looked up seeing the clouds through the clear ceiling of the church. His body began to shake with fear as he held the knife close to himself.

With this knife I'll cut out the part of me

the part that cares for you

with this knife I'll cut out the heart of me

the heart that cares for you

With care, he took his gloves off. Pulling up his brown sleeve, he slowly began to press the blade against his wrist. Pulling the blade up slightly, he noticed a small faint red mark. Again he pressed the blade against his wrist but, gradually, he pressed harder and harder as it slowly cut through his pale flesh. Blood instantly began to run down his hand, tainting his fingerless glove a dark crimson. Closing his eyes Tsukasa felt a mixture of pain and pleasure from the cut.

with this knife I'll cut out the part of me

the part that cares for you

with this knife I'll cut out the heart me of me

the heart that cares for you

Grabbing the blade with his bloody hand he began to press it against his other wrist. Pulling the blade back slightly against the skin it easily slid open. Blood ran down in small trails down his wrist onto the palm of his hand. Looking down at his palm Tsukasa watched as a teardrop landed in the crimson puddle. He again pulled up his shirt-sleeves running the blade up his arms making more blood slowly run out from the cuts. Closing his eyes he winced amd said almost cruely, "...its better this way...they...they wont ever have to see me again...ever..."

the hate and the fear

the nightmares that wake me up

in tears

the nightmares and the hate...

Tsukasa pulled the blade up pressing it against his neck feeling contentment from the stinging sensation. He then pressed the blade harder against his neck, a massive amount of blood ran down his neck onto his chest. He smiled slightly as blood began to roll down the corner of his lips. Tsukasa closed his eyes slightly and held the blade in front of himself as his vision began to blur, "....I...I wont have to feel pain again....I....I'm glad...finally...I am happy...."

Pointing the tip against his chest he quickly pulled the knife forward. The knife cut through his skin quickly. Using the last ounce of his strength he pulled the knife out making blood immediately run out of the fresh wound. Gasping he could feel crimson liquid fill his lungs making him unable to breath, "...I...I'm so glad......"

Tsukasa's body fell to the cathedral’s hard, cold floor, a smile still traced his bloody lips. A voice was heard around the church, "....now that he is dead he can never get in my way again....I'm sorry I had to trick you into thinking your friends had betrayed you...but it is too late for that now...goodbye my dead Tsukasa...."

....and the fear

the nightmares that wake me up

in tears

the nightmares and the hate...

Not being able to find Tsukasa for the past few days Mimiru, Subaru, Bear, Bt, Crim, and Even Sora searched and finally decided to go to Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground. When they arrived, they could already tell something was wrong.
“Tsukasa!” Mimiru yelled. “Do you think he’s here?”
“He has to be. This is the only place we haven’t searched,” replied Bear.
“I have a strong feeling that he’s here. In this place. We just have to look. I’m sure we’ll find him.” Subaru said quietly.
“How can you be so sure, Lady Subaru? His character defies the rules of the system. He could be anywhere at this point.” Ginkin pointed out.
“I’m pretty sure that if anyone knew where Tsukasa was, it’d be Subaru.” Crim assured.
“Then let’s hurry up and find him.” Sora said, running towards the entrance of the cathedral with Ginkin and Crim following him.
Mimiru, Bear and Subaru searched further towards the out side of the area.
A few minutes later, Mimiru, Subaru, and Bear heard something from where Sora, Ginkin, and Crim were, and took a look. As they neared the trio, Mimiru noticed that they were a bit too quiet.
“Hey what is it?” She asked while she and Bear walked next to Crim. They soon were also were quiet.
“Did you find Tsukasa?” Subaru asked, joining them. She let out a blood curling scream at what she saw.

There before them laid Tsukasa in a pool of blood who's smile hadn't disappeared at all yet. Clenched in his right hand was the blade he had used on himself....

....and the fear

the nightmares that wake me up

in tears

the nightmares and the hate...
© Copyright 2007 A. R. Sphix (riaska at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221848-With-this-Knife