*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221896-40-days-that-will-change-my-life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Experience · #1221896
This next 40 days will change everything about me and will help me in my walk with Christ.
Day 1...

This is such an hard experience. Just typing this up is tempting me to go over to facebook and check out all of the messages I got about this. But I know that I can't. I know that if I do, then those messages will be worthless b/c i didn't keep my end of the bargain. But it has helped me out alot in school and with everything else. Me not having facebook on my screen 18 out of the 24 hours a day have really allowed me to focus more on school and has allowed me to spend more time in the Word. I read about the temptations that Jesus went through after he fasted for 40 days. It helped me to desire to be more like Him. I know that there will be days in which the urge is so strong to go over and just get on facebook,xanga or myspace and connect with my friends on there, or even to go over and get me a soda or a sobe or something like that. But I know that with God's help, I will get through this 40 days, and it will be an experience that I never forget. This brings up the question of why I have never done this before. Well, I have, but I have never came into something liek this with the right motive. To have that heart that God will help me learn something through this and that I can disipline myself through this that I don't need to cyber world in order to connect with people. Yeah, that's it. Now the question is, " Can I finish this?" Prayer is definately needed.
© Copyright 2007 Ray-Train (rayray7861 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221896-40-days-that-will-change-my-life