*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1222306-Have-Faith-In-Her
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #1222306
It is hard for me to write happy stories, so I don't I write Sad depressing stories.
~Have Faith In Her~
What a simple phrase, have faith in her but it meant so much to Katy.To me faith means to love, hope and believe. Love the present, hope for the best future and believe the past has made a difference.
To begin with Katy was born with Down Syndrome. Her family was very poor. Katy lived her first sixteen years normally. She was just like you and me. Katy was home schooled so she had no idea she was different. No one believed in her.There was a running race and the winner got twenty five thousand dollars. Katy wanted to win that race.
Then the problems started. Katy's mom owned a shop and it was going out of business. If Katy wins that race she could help her mom get back the store. Her dad was getting ill. A few months later, Katy asked her mom why she didn't get her license yet, so her mom told her about her disease. Katy didn't believe her mom so they went to the doctor to hear it from him. Dr. Mendelson said it was true.Though she didn't want to believe him she knew she just had to.While at the doctor's office he discovered a new problem Katy has a hole in her heart. She was devistated.
On the way back from the doctor, the family was involved in a fatal car accident. Katy's mom was driving when a strange car appeared, and ran through a red light. It hit on the passenger's side where Katy's dad was sitting. He died that day.Katy's mom suffered no injuries. Katy, on the other hand, her legs were slowly getting paralized.No one bothered to comfort her, not even her mom. I guess they just figured she wasn't important enough to go out of their way to help.
The race was approaching quickly. Katy wanted to at least run the race. This race was no longer a matter of wanting to win. Everyone knew that.It was about proving everyone wrong,and telling people Katy is no different than any one else. This race meant everything to Katy. No one knew the strength she had inside.
Finally it was race day. Katy was in a wheelchair.At the race people stared like never before.But this stare was more like an I'm happy for you stare, or even a thank you stare. To this day I can not explain it. The runners took their starting posisions. No one said it but you could tell what they were thinking, amazing. Katy was still in her wheelchair. She didn't think she could get up until her mom yelled," You can do it I believe in you!"Then Everyone in the crowd started cheering for Katy to win even the runners. Katy suddenly felt a burst of hope, faith, trust and love that had been lost for so many years. She stood up. It was truly amazing.
The race started. Katy ran. She stumbled and fell but got right back up. She won the race. And was able to get back her mom's store. Katy died the next day due to a heart attack.
As you can see a little faith goes a long way. I think everyone deserves a little faith once in a while. Don't you? Katy's life was all she wanted it to be. She fulfilled all of her dreams and wishes. What amazes me is that those five words made a difference.
© Copyright 2007 PoeticHeart (poeticart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1222306-Have-Faith-In-Her