*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1222486-Gossip-In-A-Small-Town
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Column · Other · #1222486
Rumors, gossip and deceit
In a town that no one probably heard of, there was a single father known as “Barney 5”.  He is a reserve police officer and one day made a very bad mistake.  On a Tuesday he was out on patrol and needed to make a bathroom stop.  He stopped off in the nearest gas station.  While relieving himself he got a call on the radio.  He rushed out of the bathroom forgetting his 6 shooter Smith and Wesson in the trash receptacle.  An hour in a half later the officer remembered where he might have left his gun.  He called the gas station and asked the clerk to get the gun and conceal it and he’ll be there to pick it up.  Food for thought: For one why would you leave your gun in a trash receptacle? Two, who would want to stick their hand in the trash can to begin with?  Well, the clerk started what he called an unnecessary rumor.  He didn’t understand why she would so something like that.  Needless to say he wanted to quit his job and I'm assumung hide for a while.  But he was told that he will not quit and he will suck it up since he made the mistake and not the clerk.

Lesson to be learned keep your hand out of the trash can along with your gun.
© Copyright 2007 Hawaiian Lady (lan121303 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1222486-Gossip-In-A-Small-Town