*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1223265-monologues
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Relationship · #1223265
2 monologues. wrote for my friends to inspire them for a drama peice they were creating.
this monologue is about a girl who wishes with all her heart to become an actress but her parents are pressuring her into becomeing a high flying business woman or doctor or something similar.

Why can't I just tell them I don’t want to do what they want me to? They have to realise that my ambitions don’t head in the direction the ones they’ve planned for me do. They can't plan my life out. I should at least have a little bit of say. I CAN'T STAND IT ANY LONGER!! ARGH! Why can't it all end now. I can't tell my friends ‘cos they won’t understand; my parents will just dismiss the ideas and tell me to get on with my life. ‘Stop being stupid.’ I can hear their words now,  resounding in my head. The laughter as they believe it’s a joke. the best part of believe is the lie. their harsh words tear me up inside. Why can't I be what they want me to be? They said I could be whatever i wanted to be, but aparently i can't. They lied. They all lie to me, they dont care. They just want me to provide financial security. I can't hide my desires any longer; no one understands what im going through. The way I feel so strong about this. This is my dream; my goal in life. And I’m giving it up for their satisfaction.

I may as well sink into the corner and die.

this monologue is about a girl who's father has left, and she has only just realised how much he meant to her, her fantasy of a happy family has come crashing down upon her like a ten tonne weight.

Crying doesn’t help. That won’t bring him back. All the nights that I’ve sat here in my room; wishing the arguing would stop. And now it has; but not the way I wanted it to. Why can't life be the fairytale I dream about every night; where they sort out their differences, not run away from each other. The minute I heard the door slam I knew he’d walked out. And now I’m left here, no one to talk to. I can't tell my friends. I don’t want their pity; they’ll just look down on me; a broken home, a broken heart; a broken mind. The sleepless nights, wondering why they argue; what they argue about. Is it me? Did I do this to them? I can’t even get the two sides of the story. I miss him. I just wish he would come home. I don’t know where he is. He hasn’t called. Not even a text. Mum doesn’t care whether he’s dead or alive from what I can gather. She doesn’t understand how much I need him to be here for me. He’s my dad. Love doesn’t come into it. Maybe he doesn’t love me either. Maybe mum doesn’t love me. What has happened to my perfect family? Neither will talk to me. Neither cares. They’ve forgotten all about me. What I want, what I need. I wish I could tell someone; but it hurts too bad.
© Copyright 2007 why cant you all see?? (hari-leigh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1223265-monologues