*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1223281-A-Chance-Meeting
by Smee
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1223281
Short fan-fiction story from 2000-01. Based on the soap, "The Bold and the Beautiful".
"A Chance Meeting"

Chapter One

At around 7:30, Winsor Harmon was preparing to meet his friends, and co-stars for that morning's Fan Appreciation breakfast. Due to his disposition, Winsor always looked forward to events such as this, and couldn't help but smile in anticipation of it.
*I love having opportunities to thank our faithful legion of fans,* he thought, *it allows me to give back, to show how thankful I truly am for all that I have been given and earned.*
Hearing the faint honk of a horn, Winsor picked up his suit jacket and headed for the door, where he was met by Hunter Tylo, Susan Flannery, Mick Cain, Dan McVicar, Sarah Buxton, Adrienne Frantz, and Katherine Kelly Lang. "Morning, Winsor," said Dan, patting his friend on the back jovially. "Ready to make some acquaintences?" "I sure am, I have been looking forward to this all week!" "Hi, Adrienne, Mick, Kelly, Susan, everyone! Shall we?" he offered opening the door of the black Ford Explorer for his on-screen love interest, Brooke, played by Katherine Kelly Lang.
Upon arriving at the location appointed for the morning's events, the cast members entered, only fifteen minutes before their viewing public. "This is so nice," mused Flannery as she sat down beside her friends. "Sometimes the viewers tend to think of me as such a bitter, nasty, spiteful old woman, and that is why I enjoy these gatherings so much, because they can see the real me, and what I'm all about." She finished, laughing good-naturedly. "I know", Winsor chuckled, "I know."
Half an hour later, all guests having been admitted, the actors and actresses were making the rounds and mingling with their company, when a petite woman with brown hair walked toward Winsor. "Hello, Winsor, my name is Bonnie Jordan, she offered, giving him her hand in greeting. "It's a pleasure," smiled Winsor genuinely, kissing her hand lightly. "I have been a fan of yours ever since you joined B & B, and I admire your skills. Your character, too, touches me, and I consider you a good friend. Now I have a chance to meet you, and I am overwhelmed!" "Thank you, Bonnie, I appreciate that very much. I love my work, and like getting feedback, positive and negative, from the fans. Would you like to sit?" Harmon quieried. "Oh yes. Please." She said, going slightly pink at his invitation. Pretending he hadn't noticed, the actor and his fan headed to the nearest table, murmuring softly amongst themselves.


Chapter Two
"Would you like something to drink? A cup of coffee, perhaps, Bonnie?" Taking her breath in sharply, Jordan realized that he had just said her name, and could barely speak. "Oh, that would be wonderful, " she began, "I...I mean...if you don't mind." "Not at all, Bonnie," Winsor said, his sparkling eyes and brilliant smile causing her to flinch again. "I'll be back in a minute with your coffee," he promised as he rose from his seat. Bonnie's heart racing and mind thinking oh-so-naughty thoughts, she sat for a moment. *Oh my goodness, W-w-Winsor's talking with me! He is such a sweetheart! And, and, and...that body...his chest...ooohh!* She could envision herself, envision THEM, and she was stroking the hard muscular contours of that godly chest. She lifted her eyes to his and began to caress his face, to savor his masculine scent as she memorized every feature of his face. *Winsor! Oh Winsor! I have wanted you, wanted you for so long...* All of a sudden something, someone, brought her back to reality...


Chapter Three
"Honey?" he asked, tapping Bonnie's shoulder lightly. "Huh? What?" "They were all out of coffee, so I got you hot tea, instead. Do you take it with honey?" "Oh, oh," she stammered, "I...um...no, thank you, just sugar, please." Bonnie twirled a lock of hair around her finger, grappling to maintain her composure. Boy, he really got her going there, for a moment. "So tell me some more about yourself," he suggested, smiling. Trying feverishly to dispel her lingering sadness and disappointment, Bonnie forged on with the conversation. "Let's see, I like to read, I enjoy sports and music, and..." she paused dramatically, "I'm SINGLE!" she finished with directed enthusiasm. "Ahhh," Winsor grinned, "single," he stated offering no explanation. "Winsor, there is something I want to tell you," "Sure. Anything." He promised, listening with attentiveness. "I...well, you see, I..." Darn it, she was stuttering again! This beautiful man was wreaking havoc with her senses AND her emotions! "Go on, you can tell me anything, I promise. What is it, Bonnie?" "I um...the truth is, well..."


Chapter Four
"I, well, I guess I'll just have to be blunt," Bonnie sped through her words. "I'm in love with you, Winsor. I think you are one of the most attractive men I have ever seen. And..." she stopped short. Smiling, Winsor gently touched the top of her shaking hand before speaking. "Thank you, Darling, I'm very flattered." Bonnie tried to continue, but her mind was once again being jumbled at the sound of his sexy, sultry, Southern voice. "And...and, I want you," she managed, avoiding Winsor's eyes. "When you call me Darling and Honey, it absolutely kills me because I want you so badly. I love it." "I'm glad I can make you happy, Bonnie. And thank you for the compliments, I really am flattered," Winsor said lightly before gently lifting her chin with his thumb and forefinger until her eyes met his. "I love all of my fans. Without people such as yourself, Bonnie, a lot of the wonderful things I have had the priveledge to experience could never have happened. I'm very greatful for my fans. I'm also glad to have had such an impact on you, even in some small way," *Who said anything about affecting me in a small way? Bonnie thought as she repressed her devilish ideas yet again, with a fast glance downward to the tabletop.* Taking a sip of hot tea, Winsor squeezed Bonnie's hand as he continued. "If I may say so, you are a very beautiful woman, Bonnie. Inside and out, I can tell. You have a good heart. Unfortunately, I can't have a deeper relationship with you other than actor/viewer. I am involved with someone." Bonnie's heart sinking just a bit, she wondered how she had allowed her heart to formulate such an unrealistic possibility. She brushed away one solitary tear...


Chapter Five
Seeing the tear, Winsor quickly reached out a hand to wipe away the sadness. "I'm sorry, Bonnie, I really don't mean to make you cry," Winsor's gaze showed that he sincerely meant every syllable. "I truly am appreciative of your support and of your honesty. That means so much to me. The only thing that I can't give you is my body, but I'll tell you what, Sweetheart," "What?" asked Bonnie, shakily. "I think you've had as deep an affect on me as I seem to have had on you. It would be hard for me to walk away from this event today and forget about you. Would you like to be friends?" he asked, truly hopeful. "Really, Winsor? Do you mean that? I would love that! I'd be honored!" An enormous smile graced Bonnie's face. "I mean it, Bonnie. You've gotten almost everything correct about what I've said. Except you're wrong about one thing," Looking a tad concerned, Bonnie's forehead was creased by a questioning wrinkle. "I am?" "Yep. The pleasure and honor is all mine," Winsor ended the suspense with a knee-weakening smile, and a heartfelt chuckle as took Bonnie again by the hand and kissed her on the cheek. *Who would have thought,* Bonnie mused. This really was a chance meeting!*



© Copyright 2007 Smee (smeb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1223281-A-Chance-Meeting