*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1223339-What-am-I-to-thee--
Rated: · Poetry · Emotional · #1223339
a love poem , unrequinted love.
What am I to thee?

I have been pondering, for some time now,
What am I to thee? 
What would they classify me as?
I fall in to so many categories.

Would I be your guardian? Because I would guard your, heart with body, brain and soul, for such a precious thing I could never see as broken as my own.

Could I be your Mother?  Because I will fight tooth and nail for you, and love you, unconditionally, to a point, where to me, you always come first, with me as second.

What am I to thee? 

Might I be your Father? Because I will keep you on the safe road, never to stray, or wonder into territory of danger, and to tell you, when you are being foolish.

Could I be, your brother? Because I will hate you, and we will argue the day from the night, but we will scrape our knees together on the playground of life, we will play together, and through it all, will stay together.

What am I to thee? 

Perhaps I am your nurse? Because when you hurt, I hurt, but I can fix you, care for you, all day, every day, will hold you in my arms, and mend your wounds, with careful kisses, and a medication of my everlasting love.

Maybe I am your student , because you have taught me so much , too much , you have taught me about myself , and given me the courage to feel, to speak, to laugh ,  to hurt. But the worst thing, to love, I wish you hadn’t.

What am I to thee?

Would I be your lover, because quite simply, I love you?

Three short words, you may never hear from someone who means them, as much as I do.

What am I to thee?
How would you describe me to a passer by, when he says, who is she, why is she here?
I can’t ask, for I fear, you would not answer, or worse you would say, ‘Nothing at all.’  What do I mean to you, anything, do you even know me, can you even see me at all?

© Copyright 2007 Dramaqueen (minidramaqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1223339-What-am-I-to-thee--