*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1223652-The-Evil
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1223652
Story about a boy who gets a power but proves to be more trouble then helpful.
It all started on a cold winter day when I was walking on a path by a frozen lake. I thought it was frozen so I decided to started to walk on it and then I heard a cracking sound. The ice started to crack and break away and suddenly I fell in. The icy cold water started to whirl all around me and soon my body started to shiver and I began to lose consciousness. I knew I had to get to shore


I thought it was all cool and stuff. What I didn't know was it was changing me. At first I would pull little pranks like lift up school books, grab a backpack from someone. Stuff like that made people jump then laugh, of course I was invisible the whole time. As the year progressed though I started to do more evil things. It was like I couldn't control it. When I would see a hapless indiviual I would push or trip them. Of course this was when I was invisible so I would not get caught. By now though I would turn invisible even against my will. Pretty soon I was robbing banks and terrorising people. When I was doing that I would be laughing and enjoying it, but when I got done I would feel guilty about it. One day I was robbing a bank and I wanted to stop. For some strange reason someone or something started to yelling in my head.
"What are you doing," cried an angry voice! "Don't stop till you have all the money"
"But it is wrong," I counterd in my head.
"So, you are mine," it screamed! "You are mine to control," it said. "When suddenly a pain like being struck by lighting shot through me. Once again I was forced to keep on taking the money.
When I got home I was shaking all over. I slowly, like in a trance, I walked to the mirror and saw a horrible thing. It looked somewhat like me but it was red, had pointy ears, and crooked teeth. I quickly closed my eyes and opened them again and saw me as my normal self. That day I decided to lock myself in a room forever. I t was to explain this to my parents and for some reason the believed me and understood. I sluggishly and sorrowfuly walked into the room and quickly shut the door. No matter how much pain the evil thing inside me caused I stayed in there. I told my parents to board up the door and lock it. Also, I told them t never comeback and throw away the key. They tearfully said goodbye and that was the last I ever heard of the again or any one again.
© Copyright 2007 writer07 (writergf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1223652-The-Evil