*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1223686-The-Dirty-Dusty-Scheme
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by mini
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1223686
I wrote this in 4th grade for english class.
                                              The Dirty Dusty Scheme
                                                By Joshua Huertas

         In the dark hall closet, past the coats, lay grumpy, old Mr. Vacuum who knew he would only be used to pick up dirt and dust.  “I hate Boxy, he gets to store all the good toys,” said Mr. Vacuum from the dirtiest and dustiest part of his heart. “If I could only get a hold of Boxy, I’d destroy him and all the toys that he stores.  Hey, that’s a good idea!” exclaimed Mr. Vacuum. So, Mr. Vacuum told his plan to his dirty, dusty, and now evil gang.
         “That’s a great idea!” exclaimed a dirty and broken crayon.
         “Let’s do it!” shouted a mutilated army man.
         But unbeknownst to the evil gang, hung Feather Duster, who overheard the dirty, dusty, and evil plan.
         “Oh no, I have to warn the toys,” whispered Feather Duster to himself. So he hopped down from the hook quietly and sneaked out of the closet to the playroom.  Feather Duster told the dirty, dusty, and evil plan to the toys.
         “We have to stop them,” declared the other toy boxes.
         “We can’t let them do that,” answered some army men.
         So the toys made a plan of their own to stop Mr. Vacuum and his evil gang.
         “This is it, this is the room where Boxy lives.  Now remember the plan.  We can’t have any mistakes,” said Mr. Vacuum.  “I will finally get my revenge,” he said evilly.  “One more thing, these are backward vacuums,” he said as he handed them out to his evil gang.  “It sprays dust and dirt, there’s one for everyone.”
         Just then rubber bands flew everywhere.
         “Take cover!” cried Mr. Vacuum.
         As soon as the rubber bands stopped, Mr. Vacuum cried, “Attack!”
         A bunch of dirty, dusty, toys, under their bosses command, started their backward vacuums.  Then they heard noises above them and looked up and saw planes.
         “Air attack!” cried some of the troops.
         “Shoot at them!” shouted Mr. Vacuum.
         His troops did as he said.  Pilots and their planes went crashing to the ground.
         “Plug me in to the outlet,” demanded Mr. Vacuum.
The loud noise of the vacuum startled all of Boxy’s troops.  “Retreat!” they cried.
         “We need to unplug Mr. Vacuum now,” exclaimed Feather Duster.  So he and his troops sneaked past the enemy unnoticed to the outlet.
“There’s one guy guarding the outlet, shoot him,” said Feather Duster. The toys hurried toward the outlet. “One, two, three,” counted Feather Duster.  The noise stopped.
         “What happened?” cried Mr. Vacuum.  Seconds later the noise of the vacuum went on again.
         “Oh, no, what can I do now?” pondered Feather Duster.  “Think, think, think…I got it!  The circuit breaker!” he exclaimed.  “We need to get to the circuit breaker,” he said.  “Get me a plane,” commanded Feather Duster.
         The propeller spun into action
         “Going to circuit breaker, permission for takeoff, over.”
         “Clear for takeoff,” said the toy in control tower.
         Feather Duster gained speed and was soon flying over the toys.  “Now to the circuit breaker” he said.  He flew over Mr. Vacuum and his troops, careful not to get hit.  He turned and was now in the hallway.  He looked for a landing spot close to the circuit breaker.  He spotted a shelf right below the circuit breaker and landed.
         “Now, where’s that switch?” asked Feather Duster. “Here it is.”  He started to pull the switch but it wouldn’t budge.
         Back in the playroom Mr. Vacuum was only a few feet away from Boxy.
         “Now I will finally get my revenge on you Boxy,” sneered Mr. Vacuum.
         Feather Duster tried again and again but couldn’t pull the switch.  Click!  Feather Duster finally succeeded in turned the switch.
         Mr. Vacuum started smoking.  “What’s happening?” he cried in horror.  A loud bang rang through out the room.  There lay Mr. Vacuum, thick black smoke poring out of him.  Feather Duster landed beside the dead Mr. Vacuum and jumped out.  Mr. Vacuum’s troops looked with horror.
         “Attack!” cried Feather Duster.  The dirty, dusty gang ran away never to be seen again.  The toys, Feather Duster, Boxy, and all cheered, they won the battle.
         A day later the family of the house came in.
         “Oh my!” exclaimed the mother.
         “We’ll just have to get rid of this vacuum and get a new one.  It was old anyway,” said the father.
         “I wonder what happened?” the confused family said in unison.

© Copyright 2007 mini (mini952 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1223686-The-Dirty-Dusty-Scheme