*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1224218-Running-Away
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sports · #1224218
Girl runs away. Not a true story!
Finally, silence.... I sprawled out on my bed, and grabbed my book. Just as I was about to start reading... "Sophia!" I sighed. "WHAT??????" I hollered. My mother came up the stairs and said, "Don't yell at me." I glared. "Sophia," she said in a warning tone. "I need you to go collect the trash." I sighed, but, I got up and did it. I was about to go to my room, when my mother called again, "And the dishes!" That did it. I totally lost it. "You can do it yourself! Because, I'm LEAVING!" and with that, I ran up to my room, grabbed my duffel, (which was packed because I had been planing on going to a sleepover) and ran downstairs. I wrenched open the door, and ran, and ran, and ran. Finally, I stopped running. Just then, a very nice looking man appeared. "And how do you do?" He asked. I looked at him nervously. "Err... fine, I guess." "You don't look so fine." "Well...." I told him what had happened at home. He nodded slowly, "I see.... Well, how would you like to come to my place?" I suddenly felt a little nervous. "I--I'm not supposed to go home with strangers." "I'm guessing thats what your parents said?" "Well.... yes." He exploded, "Well look how they're treating you! Making you do all the chores all the time! Why, if I were you, I would have run away LONG ago!!" I thought for a second longer. "ALL RIGHT!" I finally yelled. He smiled, and ushered me towards his car. I was about to get in, when I changed my mind. "No, actually, I think I'll just umm..." He glared, anger flaring in his eyes. Then he spoke in a deathly low voice, "Just get in the car." I shook my head. "Do you need some help?" I shook my head. Then, I ran. He started to chase after me. I ran faster then I had ever run. But, I was beginning to tire. Then, PURE LUCK! I saw our car! I ran right in front of it. My dad slammed on the brakes, and I flew inside the car, grabbed my moms cell, and called 911. They found the man. I apologized to my parents, and explained why I was so upset, and after that things got a whole lot better. I realized I was overeacting, and well, home is a whole lot better, then being chased after a stranger!
© Copyright 2007 Skate Girl (iluv2skate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1224218-Running-Away